BMW S1000RR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm torn between the Arrow and the Akrapovic

I'm not a fan of the long can and I don't like the new style Akra GP can. I liked the older style shorty can they had.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One of my customers has the Arrow with his EWERKS ECU flash. It does not have the exact look of the K46 since trying to be under the upside down swingarm is a little more difficult on the K67.
Did it negatively affect the power output of the bike? Was it as loud as the short Akra? Around these streets you need to be heard. Drivers start texting before they put their car in drive.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ditto. With the amount of HP these bikes make i can afford to give up 1-2 HP. Not too concerned about the cost. They are both almost equal in price. I'm going with stainless headers because the price increase is not justified to me. I don't like the honeycomb end cap. I'd rather have the open end cap. Seem Akra is the dominant exhaust around here. There's no denying their quality but I don't think Arrow is bad.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Akrapovic performs better in all model S1000RR's than anything else on the market. It's worth the money if you're trying to maximize HP. If you just want some better tone and say 200hp is enough one way or the other, then who cares. I have a lot of guys who are competitive and need every last HP, for those guys I recommend Akrapovic. On the flip side, if you're spending the money, why not spend a little more and get what you know works the best?
Akrapovic performs better in all model S1000RR's than anything else on the market. It's worth the money if you're trying to maximize HP. If you just want some better tone and say 200hp is enough one way or the other, then who cares. I have a lot of guys who are competitive and need every last HP, for those guys I recommend Akrapovic. On the flip side, if you're spending the money, why not spend a little more and get what you know works the best?
You peaked my interest, do you have any supporting documents of anything else on the market compared to Akrapovic? Same bike/day dynos? It's a bold statement to make. I'd love to read or watch the proof. Don't get me wrong, I'm a Akrapovic fan but surely someone has to be just as good.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Akrapovic

This is from Akras website but they state a +7.8KW power increase at 8550 rpm and +9.0 nm at 8450 rpm

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think both arrow and akra look sexy. I’m just not a fan of long cans. I don’t make a living doing smackdown videos on the highway so alleged HP loss of the small can doesn’t bother me.
Im not a fan of black and orange but that bike sure does look nice.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Install took me a little over an hour.
No other exhausts on this K67, but I've owned many exhausts throughout my riding time. This is my 1st BMW though, I was a GSXR guy.
Did you have other short exhausts on your gsxr’s? If so do you find that the arrow is just as loud? I understand a true comparison would have to be side by side.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I agree. That’s why I’m considering Arrow. Many swear by the only brand they’ve owned. I’ve ownd Yosh, two brothers and Akra.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)
Not only arrow but it would be nice to see lots of data on SC project, Austin racing, two brothers, etc. with so many YouTubers out there with what seems like an endless amount of money it would be nice to see them do a dyno day with the same bike and all available exhaust systems for it. Or even if someone like brentuning did it just to prove that Akrapovic has the highest HP numbers. The amount of views a video like that would get would probably pay for all of the exhaust systems.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
If you look at all of the prices, they are all pretty close. So far the biggest difference I can see is that Akrapovic makes their own titanium.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
My greatest concern is how do I map the bike in Saudi Arabia... :unsure:
You can contact some vendors on this forum that offer flashes and see what shipping costs would be to send your ECU out. I'm sure it will be a lot but you can try. There will be custums forms that need to accompany it im sure.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Great! Im going to have to look for that...
BTW how crutial is it to remove servo motors full system akra?
The full system doesn't use the servo motor. You can leave the servo motor there or remove it and install a servo buddy.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
View attachment 210839
Went full arrow, just got it installed haven’t heard it yet waiting for the engine ice to go in and to get the stage 2 flash file back from brentuning.
Man that looks nice. Keep us updated on this. I haven't ordered my exhaust yet but as the warm weather approaches I'm getting closer to ordering one. The red Samco hoses add a nice touch to your bike also.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Is the mesh screen on the pipe removable?

Yeah the carbon and red look good together.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
no they have two options the mesh can is fixed so no dB killer. The open end one comes with the dB killer the can be removed
I see. Im not a fan of the mesh. Dunno why. Thats one of the things that turns me off on the Akra shorty I would probably remove the end cap, remove the mesh screen then reinstall the end cap.
Any chance of uploading a sound clip? How loud does this compare to the other exhausts you’ve had in the past?

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
View attachment 210891

Got everything together and took it for a ride, pipe sounds amazing n fits really well. My boot didn’t feel any heat but it’s low 50s here in Ohio. With the bren flash cold start is is nice and smooth n bike feels awesome, no regrets going with the arrow pipe.
Looks a lot like this bike.....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts