BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm torn between the Arrow and the Akrapovic

I'm not a fan of the long can and I don't like the new style Akra GP can. I liked the older style shorty can they had.

·
Vendor
2,629 Posts
One of my customers has the Arrow with his EWERKS ECU flash. It does not have the exact look of the K46 since trying to be under the upside down swingarm is a little more difficult on the K67.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One of my customers has the Arrow with his EWERKS ECU flash. It does not have the exact look of the K46 since trying to be under the upside down swingarm is a little more difficult on the K67.
Did it negatively affect the power output of the bike? Was it as loud as the short Akra? Around these streets you need to be heard. Drivers start texting before they put their car in drive.

·
Vendor
2,629 Posts
That short can vs long can stuff is highly over rated in performance. It has been dyno proven that maybe 1-2HP difference. 194 to 206HP ( dependent on who's Dyno we are reading ) at the rear tire ratings for the K67 are far beyond most people's use, especially as a daily commute ride.

I feel you use what you want in brand, looks, pocket book.

The person is here on the forum. Just a low visit and post count. K67 Arrow exhaust arrived today.

Reactions: bennymx

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ditto. With the amount of HP these bikes make i can afford to give up 1-2 HP. Not too concerned about the cost. They are both almost equal in price. I'm going with stainless headers because the price increase is not justified to me. I don't like the honeycomb end cap. I'd rather have the open end cap. Seem Akra is the dominant exhaust around here. There's no denying their quality but I don't think Arrow is bad.

·
Vendor
2,629 Posts
Akra just had the jump on everyone since they have the great relationship with BMWAG. Arrow was really late to the table with something for K67. I have Arrow on my K46 and love it. Its loud too. Today I wish I had the MotoGP version can on my K67 in the least, but having to buy a mid pipe and muffler at nearly a $1000 is just not worth it to me. Once I get on the bike and ride, I never see the exhaust anyway. It just needs to do its job and not burn my boot.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I have the Akra standard can with the steel headers. Awesome sound but very loud without the DB killers, always worried the cops will pull me over.

·
Vendor
1,079 Posts
Akrapovic performs better in all model S1000RR's than anything else on the market. It's worth the money if you're trying to maximize HP. If you just want some better tone and say 200hp is enough one way or the other, then who cares. I have a lot of guys who are competitive and need every last HP, for those guys I recommend Akrapovic. On the flip side, if you're spending the money, why not spend a little more and get what you know works the best?

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Akrapovic performs better in all model S1000RR's than anything else on the market. It's worth the money if you're trying to maximize HP. If you just want some better tone and say 200hp is enough one way or the other, then who cares. I have a lot of guys who are competitive and need every last HP, for those guys I recommend Akrapovic. On the flip side, if you're spending the money, why not spend a little more and get what you know works the best?
You peaked my interest, do you have any supporting documents of anything else on the market compared to Akrapovic? Same bike/day dynos? It's a bold statement to make. I'd love to read or watch the proof. Don't get me wrong, I'm a Akrapovic fan but surely someone has to be just as good.

·
Registered
25 Posts
You peaked my interest, do you have any supporting documents of anything else on the market compared to Akrapovic? Same bike/day dynos? It's a bold statement to make. I'd love to read or watch the proof. Don't get me wrong, I'm a Akrapovic fan but surely someone has to be just as good.

BRENTUNING said:
I am curious on this also. Someone wants to run down an exhaust manufacture with a statement that in this case: ""Akrapovic performs better in all model S1000RR's than anything else on the market."" better have alot of dyno time and the video run times to show for such a statement. UK posts videos to back up dyno time and power performance.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I am curious on this also. Someone wants to run down an exhaust manufacture with a statement that in this case: ""Akrapovic performs better in all model S1000RR's than anything else on the market."" better have alot of dyno time and the video run times to show for such a statement. UK posts videos to back up dyno time and power performance.
You must not know who they are....go look up Brentuning Moto. They have certainly done the work. It's fairly common knowledge here the Akra long can produces 1-2HP as said by others. Whether you care about 1-2hp or you want more looks and sound is up to you.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm torn between the Arrow and the Akrapovic

I'm not a fan of the long can and I don't like the new style Akra GP can. I liked the older style shorty can they had.
I chose the arrow low mount full titanium. Here is a pic for reference.

It is loud, but not obnoxious loud, same as all the shorty cans, I can still hear my music just fine.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Install took me a little over an hour.
No other exhausts on this K67, but I've owned many exhausts throughout my riding time. This is my 1st BMW though, I was a GSXR guy.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think both arrow and akra look sexy. I’m just not a fan of long cans. I don’t make a living doing smackdown videos on the highway so alleged HP loss of the small can doesn’t bother me.
Im not a fan of black and orange but that bike sure does look nice.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Install took me a little over an hour.
No other exhausts on this K67, but I've owned many exhausts throughout my riding time. This is my 1st BMW though, I was a GSXR guy.
Did you have other short exhausts on your gsxr’s? If so do you find that the arrow is just as loud? I understand a true comparison would have to be side by side.

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
I only ride on street with RR, so for me, quality of workmanship and appearance takes top spots. It has all the power I need and more. YMMV. I have a stock 2017 and if I were to buy one I would get short Arrow.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I agree. That’s why I’m considering Arrow. Many swear by the only brand they’ve owned. I’ve ownd Yosh, two brothers and Akra.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts