BMW S1000RR Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
4,759 Posts
What about riding below sea level? Like in lowest area on earth, around deadsea in Jordan. Do we get or lose power going the other direction?

Reactions: Colers

·
4,759 Posts
so...

If you take a new bike without any stretch in the chain and you measure the wheelbase or take the measurement from the rear axle marks(lines) and keep the slack in the chain in the same position for the -1 +1 change, then will that equate to the same wheelbase or measurement from the rear lines next to the axle nut.?

anyone.

I'm thinking the wheelbase will be the same as stock or awfully close if you go -1 +1 with the above considerations.

-1 alone is terrible for tip in. feels like a pig.
Not sure if +1 in rear sprocket will make wheelbase like stock. But it will make number of teeth even on both sprockets, which is not recommended. There was a separate thread on that elsewhere on here.

I would just remove one extra link from the chain, wheelbase will be shorter than stock. Instead of +1 in rear sprocket.

This got me thinking what is exact effect on tip in and bike stability (coming out of turns) for increase or decrease in wheelbase. BMW must have a formula to pick ideal wheelbase length, anyone has an idea how they go about that?

·
Registered
862 Posts
Okay, the question now is what combination of sprockets or pitch will gain acceleration without reducing the wheelbase.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Okay, the question now is what combination of sprockets or pitch will gain acceleration without reducing the wheelbase.
I have tried to get that answer.

I'm guessing and it really kinda is a guess that -1 +1 will retain the wheelbase just about. taking into account as I previously stated the chain slack position.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I will let you know once my Alpha rear 46T 525 HP4 sprocket arrives.
It will bring the wheelbase in shorter non the less but by what. I'm figuring about 7mm. which for me is back to my best position.

And yes how the heck does BMW formulate the stock wheelbase, because it feels perfect.

·
4,759 Posts
I will let you know once my Alpha rear 46T 525 HP4 sprocket arrives.
It will bring the wheelbase in shorter non the less but by what. I'm figuring about 7mm. which for me is back to my best position.

And yes how the heck does BMW formulate the stock wheelbase, because it feels perfect.
Is not 7mm shorter wheelbase is about what d40 mentioned he got his wheelbase with only -1 and removing one chain link? So I'm confused on why you need +1 in rear to get that. Nonetheless, keep us posted, curious what you find out.

·
Registered
862 Posts
How do racers deal with wheelbase issues when regearing for different tracks?

·
Registered
535 Posts
Much like engine ticking.
Exactly mate.

I can't handle the annoying buzz of a mosquito either.

Loud pipes help.

we should delete all the threads of people who have concerns about their bikes and the annoying sounds they hear and fear, or better still people like me who bash away on Keyboards expressing their concerns/venting in hope for some kind of sincere reply, to cool my jets.

Bikes are cheap therapy, I've learnt expressing myself honestly in a place like this exposes something disgusting about the society we live in.

And the Earth is FLAT.

Some people are helpful some are not. Just another reason to do your own work on your own bike.

The search button is my friend, stuff expressing myself in here ever again.

Great riders have the sensitivity to connect to all types of people and situations.

Once again i am sorry for upsetting certain folk.
Some of you are truly great in how you handle situations like this.

I thought we were all brothers, seems like some want to make a divide.
Good luck with that.

:nerd:

·
Registered
862 Posts
I have gone -1 on my 15rr and have found it lengthens the wheelbase by approximately 7mm. which is coincidently one length on the swingarm adjuster lines. (line to line)

I have just now ordered a rear 46T 525 to fit the HP wheels from Alpha racing in Germany. This extra tooth in the rear +1 from the OEM 45T should bring me back to approximately the stock wheelbase setting.

As the -1 alone makes the 15rr turn in like a Pig, and is basically a **** feeling for fine control.

Someone on this thread mentioned that going -1 up front created about a 2cm increase in the wheelbase from stock. I believe this may be incorrect and am now worried that my workings out for the increase was incorrect.

Could someone on here with a bigger brain please correct me or the other guy.

-1 up front on a 15rr is worth about 7mm in wheelbase increase from stock... is this correct or incorrect.?....

Some of you guys on here are pure genius.

going -1 up front and +1 in the rear with the stock chain, to me should equate to almost the same wheelbase length as stock...RIGHT.... hope I'm right.
Did you ever get your sprockets and chain installed? I'm just wondering where your wheel base length ended up with -1/+1.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts