BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back to Toronto and it's raining and miserable. Was thinking that it might be a good spring. How has the riding been so far?

Need to get some life into this forum man, it's f'n crickets... :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just got back to Toronto and it's raining and miserable. Was thinking that it might be a good spring. How has the riding been so far?

Need to get some life into this forum man, it's f'n crickets... :)
I work downtown. It's way too cold to ride... As much as I want to, I know I'll regret it as soon as I hit the wet road :p

Saw a CBR 500 today on Yonge St. Kudos to the rider for riding in this weather!

·
Premium Member
597 Posts
I looked at the weather around April 1st. Awful till the second week of May. By April 4th with temperatures of 12F or -10C it was off to the GP race in Austin at COTA. Great riding in Texas,Arkansas, and now South Missouri. I believe we will make this a yearly ritual. Riding temperatures of 17 to 35 C. LIG

·
Registered
428 Posts
Come on Down to Missouri !!

Frankrca,

I live in St.Louis,Missouri and beautiful two lane blacktop roads are only minutes away.

So,Come on Down and we'll wear out a set of tires or two.:grin2:

·
Registered
493 Posts
This forum is crazy slow for being about a top of the line modern bike! The forum i go to for my 1990 ford festiva has more life then this place. To be fair tho the festiva is the best car ever made...

Im riding here in southern Indiana. The wife has had her bike out more then me so far this year. I have been stuck in the garage rebuilding an Audi TT so i have yet to fully enjoy the nice days we have had. Soon tho i will be on the bike rain or shine baby.

My PR4 is still looking brand new after 4k miles and is begging to be on the road.

·
Super Moderator
6,463 Posts
I could tell you that we just came back from a week of riding in north Georgia, but that wouldn't help on the Canada forum. Maybe we will get out for a few hours today.

·
Premium Member
4,068 Posts
While not Canada, I am in Minnesota, the coldest state in the 48 and home to numerous cold weather testing facilities.

I have been able to get out a a half dozen times in the last month when we have had some pretty days.

50 degrees and very windy today. Doable, but a bit unpleasant.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Still single digits in celcius here...Probably do an oil change and see if I can get her out there this weekend. Buddy of mine is going to the Tail of the Dragon mid May, very tempted to go.

·
Premium Member
3,015 Posts
Still single digits in celcius here...Probably do an oil change and see if I can get her out there this weekend. Buddy of mine is going to the Tail of the Dragon mid May, very tempted to go.
Hit me up next time you wanna ride. I was out all day today. Looks a bit wet tomorrow...but we will see.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Picked up bike last day of February. Put up 700 miles, varying rpm, caught a puncture in rear tire, replaced rear, went to track day with 48F yesterday. Have about 930 miles. I think she's broken in and ready for triple digits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,015 Posts
And always game for a rip to the dragon!

Attachments

·
Registered
621 Posts
First time in 7 months throwing a leg over a motorcycle today. Did a track day at Shannonville on my GSX-R. Weather was good, bike was flawless, going back for more on the 10th if the weather cooperates.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
And always game for a rip to the dragon!
Looking good. I haven't been out that way in few years. But will have several chances this year with some conferences happening down that way. Bike is still garaged since I'm not riding in this yet.

Saw plenty of guys out yesterday but been sleeping off the jetlag. Will ping you on the forum once she's out.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
First time in 7 months throwing a leg over a motorcycle today. Did a track day at Shannonville on my GSX-R. Weather was good, bike was flawless, going back for more on the 10th if the weather cooperates.
Good stuff man! How's the surface and who set up the track day?

·
Registered
535 Posts
i don't know how you guys in the parts of the world where it snows can do it.

we ride all year round and if it rains for more than a couple of days i feel sick.

guess you have snow mobiles though and they look fun. especially when some of you more crazy guys install R1 engines and so on.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Good stuff man! How's the surface and who set up the track day?
It was a free test and tune day held by RACE at Shannonville. A freebie when I renewed my race license at the January show. It was on the Nelson track, hated the layout but I can't complain.

I showed up extremely late and still had to do some work on the bike when I got there. Didn't start riding until 2 pm and only did a couple of sessions. At that point, the weather was beautiful, the sun was shining and the tires were gripping. Wasn't going warp speed or anything but I still had fun. Found out a couple of issues that have to be addressed by my next track day and that was it.

If anybody is looking for suspension work, you have to check out John Sharrard @ Accelerated Technologies. My bike feels like a completely new bike and handles like a dream. Dude is like a scientist.

·
Registered
621 Posts

we ride all year round and if it rains for more than a couple of days i feel sick.

guess you have snow mobiles though and they look fun. especially when some of you more crazy guys install R1 engines and so on.

I guess you kind of get used to it. We can ride as late as October sometimes November and be out as early as March/April.

·
Registered
121 Posts

There is no Motorsport more fun than snowmobiling. Imo

1 - 20 of 22 Posts