BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm wondering if I am the lone' S1000RR in my area. I'm in Troy, Al and have only seen one S1000RR remotely close to here. It would be nice to have someone around to ride or help trouble shoot with.
I guess I'm the closest...I'm in Birmingham. Don't ride down your way much...well at all. All the twisties are up north and east of here. I'm on a Single R

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess I'm the closest...I'm in Birmingham. Don't ride down your way much...well at all. All the twisties are up north and east of here. I'm on a Single R
Definitely no twisties down here... its quiet depressing ha you have barber though... thats fun I bet

·
Premium Member
3,437 Posts
Definitely no twisties down here... its quiet depressing ha you have barber though... thats fun I bet
You're not too far from Jennings, FL. There's a bunch of folks headed there this weekend and next if memory serves me correctly, from this board, for track riding. You might go as a spectator and find people there who don't participate here, but are from "close" to where you live.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You're not too far from Jennings, FL. There's a bunch of folks headed there this weekend and next if memory serves me correctly, from this board, for track riding. You might go as a spectator and find people there who don't participate here, but are from "close" to where you live.
I have to prepare for my last week of finals before graduation this weekend, but I plan to do a track day at either Barber or Jennings soon after the new year starts. Just need to invest in a proper track suite and boots.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Did one track weekend at Barber. Will do more in the spring, plus doing the Calf. Superbike School there in May. Doing levels 3 & 4 at their 2 day camp. Barber is $250 a day through Sportbike Track Time, so it's not something I can do a bunch. We do also have "Little Tally" over at Talladega. Not near the facility/track that Barber is, but also only half the price. Plus we have several good twistie road loops that you can make out of the Bham area, that are anywhere from an hour ride, to an all day ride depending. Of course if you have a weekend, N. Ga. TN, and NC are all a half day's travel away.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did one track weekend at Barber. Will do more in the spring, plus doing the Calf. Superbike School there in May. Doing levels 3 & 4 at their 2 day camp. Barber is $250 a day through Sportbike Track Time, so it's not something I can do a bunch. We do also have "Little Tally" over at Talladega. Not near the facility/track that Barber is, but also only half the price. Plus we have several good twistie road loops that you can make out of the Bham area, that are anywhere from an hour ride, to an all day ride depending. Of course if you have a weekend, N. Ga. TN, and NC are all a half day's travel away.
Went riding today with a friend and he was telling me about some of the newly paved roads in the Bham area he went up and rode for the day (2 hour drive from where I am). I goo to Cleveland, TN quiet often with my girlfriend and can't wait for it to warm back up where I can ride up there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts