BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased from what Revzilla said was an BMW branded oil and radiator guard. It didn't come with any instructions or mounting hardware, there's only tabs. Has anyone installed these before and have any pointers for me?

·
Vendor
2,313 Posts
I am sure that most all the guards are created about equal. I have the EVOTECH and they only have tabs too. They can only go one way upon installation. Most companies that are not providing a paper install sheet are providing a PDF/Online installation webpage. Then you are expected to print that off, or use your smart phone to view the page at your bike while installing.

Mine were simple to install and I can't remember any sticking points to indicate " watch out " ..

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
I installed them. I had to loosen up the fairings... there are slots for the black tabs on the guards to slide into. Then slip the metal tabs over the tabs to hold into the slots. It was a while ago that I installed them, but I think I removed the bottom fairing and removed the front bolts (under side above front wheel) of the side fairings. Once you do that, you will be able to see the slots or notches to line up of tabs on the guards. Hope this makes sense. Sorry, I should have taken some pics. It will become apparent once you start opening it up and finding the slots/notches.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Take the bellypan off and loosen the side fairings. Makes it easier. Attaches using metal clips that push over the guards and plastic tabs on the air duct for the radiator.
I installed them. I had to loosen up the fairings... there are slots for the black tabs on the guards to slide into. Then slip the metal tabs over the tabs to hold into the slots. It was a while ago that I installed them, but I think I removed the bottom fairing and removed the front bolts (under side above front wheel) of the side fairings. Once you do that, you will be able to see the slots or notches to line up of tabs on the guards. Hope this makes sense. Sorry, I should have taken some pics. It will become apparent once you start opening it up and finding the slots/notches.
Thank you guys for the responses. I didn't find the metal clips. Are the guards supposed to be attached snugly? My oil cooler guard is in place but I can shift it left or right with some pressure.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I also didn't find the metal clips and neither did my friend. But we both went back through the packaging and found them. Have another look. If not you can order them separately through BMW. But you need them or the guards will be too loose.
here they are hiding
I just went back into the bag and found them. I would have never guessed that those were included. I only used 4 on each side and left the top radiator one without the clips. Thank you both for helping me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts