BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been wanting a small trailer for the bikes, and think I found one, a small 3-rail trailer like the Kendon, but 2,000lbs capacity instead of 1,500lbs...and like $650 cheaper!!! Legally they can't advertise that it can fold AND store vertical like the Kendon, but...customer reviews say it does, it just doesn't have the casters to roll it around. For $650, I'll MAKE something for it:
Trinity 3 Rail Motorcycle Trailer | The USA Trailer Store
Or:
Premium Ride Up Motorcycle Trailer – Tow Smart Trailers

Anyways, sorry for the sidetrack, but I have a tentative plan to trailer the BMW and KTM out to SoCal, ride the KTM around in the desert there in my old stomping grounds, then ride the BMW up the coast (if possible with the landslides they've had) to Laguna and back. If I can't do the coast route 1, I'll do 101 because it's almost as fast as 5 and WAY less boring.

Anyone going? I REALLY wanted to see the WSBK's there, as I've seen a bunch of MotoGP races there (in the 2-stroke days) and a bunch of AMA SBK races, but never a WSBK race there. Sadly, WSBK is not coming to the US this year... :( I used to stay in Salinas when we went every year.

Tentative especially because of the Nazi-esque lockdowns in CA, and if things are still very restricted like that (i.e. they haven't evicted Gruesome Newsome yet), I'll scrap the trip. But, anyone else going this year?

·
Registered
2004 BMW R1150R, 2017 BMW R1200GS, 2020 BMW S1000RR
278 Posts
Anyways, sorry for the sidetrack, but I have a tentative plan to trailer the BMW and KTM out to SoCal, ride the KTM around in the desert there in my old stomping grounds, then ride the BMW up the coast (if possible with the landslides they've had) to Laguna and back. If I can't do the coast route 1, I'll do 101 because it's almost as fast as 5 and WAY less boring.

Anyone going? I REALLY wanted to see the WSBK's there, as I've seen a bunch of MotoGP races there (in the 2-stroke days) and a bunch of AMA SBK races, but never a WSBK race there. Sadly, WSBK is not coming to the US this year... :( I used to stay in Salinas when we went every year.
Wow, I miss Laguna Seca. Been there several times for AMA, MotoGP, and WSBK. Lot's of fond memories. My friends and I would stay at the Motel 6 at Hwy 1 and Reservation Rd. in Marina. It was right next to an iHop. We would ride from LA via as much mountains and twisties as possible. I am sure you will have a great time.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow, I miss Laguna Seca. Been there several times for AMA, MotoGP, and WSBK. Lot's of fond memories. My friends and I would stay at the Motel 6 at Hwy 1 and Reservation Rd. in Marina. It was right next to an iHop. We would ride from LA via as much mountains and twisties as possible. I am sure you will have a great time.
I miss it too. From I think '86 to '91 it was our yearly pilgrimage. For the '88 AMA SBK races I ordered REALLY early and got tickets 1-3! Of course I kept #1 (signed by the winner Doug Polen - might get it framed)... ;) We always stayed at the Motel 6 in Salinas (because it was cheap and we were broke!) right next to a Denny's so we could grab chow 24/7. LOVE that area. Walking Beach Blvd in Carmel at night down to the ocean. Hanging down at the wharf in Monterey at night getting fish&chips. I've never been to the Austin GP, but, it'll never have the charm the Monterey area has. Hopefully I can get back there this year or in the next couple.
Picture 001.jpg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts