BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace my Shoei RF-1200 next year. I like the idea the X-14 visor is cut higher and the liner is adjustable to cant the helmet up making it easier to see into a corner when leaned over. Thoughts?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Love mine (xspirit III over here). I adjusted my linings to give easier line of sight while tucked or off the bike in corner and made a decent amount of difference. They are light, relatively quiet for a race helmet and look great. I find the airflow sufficient during summer.

Purchased the tinted visor and also the photochromic NXR visor for touring which is great.

Just don't get the matte black. Looks great but it's an AH to keep clean and stone chips show up like dog balls lol

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
Big fan of my x14. I'm onto my second x14 already. Price/Performance of the helmet is unmatched. Coming from the rf1200, you will instantly feel the higher air-flow.

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
I need to replace my Shoei RF-1200 next year. I like the idea the X-14 visor is cut higher and the liner is adjustable to cant the helmet up making it easier to see into a corner when leaned over. Thoughts?

The rf1200 and x14 use the same visor.

Love all my shoei lids. X11, x12 and now x14!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
49 Posts
It is a wonderful Helmet:

Pros:
True to fit sizing
comfortable
very little wind resistance
does not pull at high speed
quality interior material / adjustable
quiet and great airflow
speaker ports if that's important to you

Cons:
I got that matte black and it loves bugs/finger prints
price - but you get what you pay for

·
Registered
407 Posts
X-spirit iii as well. Best helmet I ever had, coming from x-spirit ii. Great attention to detail and excellent aerodynamics really. Fit is a tad bit tighter but u can get different sized pads if better fit is needed. With the factory adjustment view of instruments is great, once Adjusted for tucked position (didn't try yet) should give excellent forward view. Only complaints are the breath guard which for me is unusable really - it created a turbulent stream directly over the eyes which was nearly blinding above some 110km/h. And sometimes the visor is a bit difficult to be locked down and is a bit fiddly sometimes (need to close down the visor in position first which doesn't always happen), the older system with the visor lock on the side worked smoother but I guess this guarantees a better control over the gap.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I upgraded from an RF1200 to an x-14 a couple years ago. Fantastic upgrade. My current go-to's on track are both my X-14 and my AGV Pista GPR. Both offer a great field of vision, lightness and lower drag. I don't know that I would call them "quiet" (depends on your standard), they are purpose built race helmets after all.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I upgraded from an RF-1200 to an X-14 for the extra field of view and the 3 degree tilt. I got tired of losing sight of overhead traffic lights as I approached an intersection unless I tilted my head up and then lost sight of some of the roadway ahead. The X-14 cured that.

The RF-1200 shield fits the X-14 but the actual X-14 shield is different. The X-14 version has vortices and pins for tear offs. Both are the exact same size though so I can use the darker shield from my RF-1200 on the X-14.

The X-14 also feels better on my head but that may be just that it is newer then my RF-1200.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Love my Lawson Rep X14

It was my absolute favorite helmet and I still love it, but I just picked up an X Lite 803 Carbon and it seems to fit a little better and the ventilation seems better. Both great lids.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts