BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Have a Yoshi slip on on my GSXR 1000 and love the noise. Anybody have the same on the BMW? Will it need a tune after fitting a slip on of any kind?

Banned
Have a Yoshi slip on on my GSXR 1000 and love the noise. Anybody have the same on the BMW? Will it need a tune after fitting a slip on of any kind?
I have the Yosh R-55 LE slip-on on my '15 and love it. Every bit as high quality as any akra, for hundreds less, smaller and lighter than the akra, and I think it looks WAY better. Sadly, you cannot get them anymore. Depending on your year, you might find a good used one, or they may make something similar now. I haven't needed to look. https://www.revzilla.com/product_images/0160/4977/yoshimura_r55_limited_edition_street_slip_on_exhaust_bmws1000_rr2015_titanium_detail.jpg

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
I have the Yosh R-55 LE slip-on on my '15 and love it. Every bit as high quality as any akra, for hundreds less, smaller and lighter than the akra, and I think it looks WAY better. Sadly, you cannot get them anymore. Depending on your year, you might find a good used one, or they may make something similar now. I haven't needed to look. https://www.revzilla.com/product_images/0160/4977/yoshimura_r55_limited_edition_street_slip_on_exhaust_bmws1000_rr2015_titanium_detail.jpg
Yeah I tried looking for the 55 but couldn;t find one.. It seems its the Alpha T they have now for the 2016..

Banned
Yeah I tried looking for the 55 but couldn;t find one.. It seems its the Alpha T they have now for the 2016..
Yeah, I don't like that one as much. There was a guy here recently selling a very nice used R-55 LE, I was tempted to buy it as a spare, but it sold. If you can find a nice used one, I'd get it! But then, maybe I'm biased...:cool:

Banned
Ya I loved the sound off mine. I had the r-77. Full system tho
As much as some of the true Eurosnobs will bash on Yosh and putting a (Gasp!) Japanese pipe on a German bike, I've been impressed with their quality for many years. They are one of the original race pipe makers. I like the R-55 best for the style of it, and compact size. I like the way the lines compliment the lines of the BMW. Sounds great too! Loud, for sure, but QUALITY loud and not ear-splitting.

Reactions: briza

Banned
I had a Yoshi on my CBR1000RR and it used to SINGGGGGGG!

Did they go out of business?
Not that I know of, that R-55 LE was a limited addition though, all Ti and C/F slip-on with laser-etched badging instead of stainless with a riveted plaque.

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah the Alpha T is not as nice as the le55 in looks, but still nicer than the stock unit. I;ll have to see if I can find a noise test on one somewhere. They also sell Yoshi fender eliminators, anybody know anything about them? Would the Yoshi slip on need to be tuned?

Banned
Yeah the Alpha T is not as nice as the le55 in looks, but still nicer than the stock unit. I;ll have to see if I can find a noise test on one somewhere. They also sell Yoshi fender eliminators, anybody know anything about them? Would the Yoshi slip on need to be tuned?
I was told, and read, that a "flash" or re-tune was not needed for just a slip-on. Obviously the power gains are minimal because the real magic happens in the headers, but the Yosh guy said it gave an extra 1hp up top, and 1 extra lb-ft of torque, but actually gave a couple more lb-ft in the midrange. Since the reduction in backpressure (and thus gains) are minimal, the stock ECU map can handle it. For the big gains of a full system, you WILL need a flash or custom map.

Reactions: briza

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
Its just for road use so not worried about a few hp here or there.. Found some noise tests on Youtube and the sound is nice.. Really just want to get rid of the huge stock unit.

Banned
Its just for road use so not worried about a few hp here or there.. Found some noise tests on Youtube and the sound is nice.. Really just want to get rid of the huge stock unit.
Keep in mind that any videos you see on Youtube typically are recorded on cellphones which have totally sh!tty microphones, easily overloaded, so it will sound TOTALLY different in person.

Registered
I have both Yosi Slip-on on and Yosi fender illuminator on my 15, she pops on upshifts and crackle on downshifts. No tune needed.

Short video and low rev -

The Yosi fender illuminator is small and compact and not sure if all S1RR's do it but numberplate light stays on for a few seconds at night after bike been switched off. (Like a follow me home light)

Banned
I have both Yosi Slip-on on and Yosi fender illuminator on my 15, she pops on upshifts and crackle on downshifts. No tune needed.

The Yosi fender illuminator is small and compact and not sure if all S1RR's do it but numberplate light stays on for a few seconds at night after bike been switched off. (Like a follow me home light)
R-55 LE FTMFW! My laser marking is kinda fading though, it's not as bold as yours, but then it has been 5years, maybe they should have etched it a little deeper... LOVE it though! From all the slip-ons I've ever seen, IMO it's by far the best looking, and as mentioned is a LOT smaller, lighter, and cheaper than the akra. I think the only one even close to the way it looks is the Remus.

Registered
Discussion Starter #16
It seems just too coincidental..My 2016 is due to turn up on wednesday, with the stock can which I was thinking to change to the Yoshi, but lo and behold I went for a trip up the mountains today on my gixxer and apparently they were noise testing bikes by way of checking for tags to say they conform to Australian standards.. They didn;t actually book anybody apparently, but they turned everybody around that had an aftermarket exhaust and sent them home.. Even a S1000RR with a factory fitted Akra slip on.. What they were doing wasn;t actually legal for them to do, but if you continued up the mountain there was a car further up booking people for noise.. Apparently the car hoons get up there at nigh time and leave the roads covered in rubber and making a racket.. Our great police forces answer is to go up there in the day and hassle the bikers.. So I guess now I;ll need to be looking for an Akra that BMW approves to pass Aus noise restrictions.. I know they came standard on like the 2014 or 15 over here.. Any ideas on that one?

Registered
I have a Yoshimura RE55 off my 鈥14鈥 S1000RR In excellent condition. not sure what other years it fits. let me know if your still interested and I鈥檒l get some pictures.

Banned
"Yoshimura Slip-On"....is that some kind of exotic Japanese condom??? 馃ぃ

1 - 18 of 18 Posts