BMW S1000RR Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Naw, the 15-16 was better. The 17-19 had that awful cat installed and faring removed on the bottom. I have a 2021 now and it is hands down better than my 15 and 16 were. It's not even close my man.
I don't know about that. I had the '14 HP4, the '15 RR and found my '17 was better than both of them. The cat doesn't bother me, especially with the Akra GP shorty installed. Look at all the new literbikes today...they all have massive, exposed cats.

·
Registered
107 Posts
They need the volume to maintain peak power. It's quite a feat the new bike is putting down ~195 to the rear wheel meeting restrictive Euro5 emission limits, and yeah a full pipe will get you maybe 10 more but you're blowing out straight smog. I'm an environmental engineer but hardly a tree hugger. Stock exhaust with flash is my current plan, plenty of power for the street.

You need to test ride the new one - it's impressive despite the early release glitches

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I don't know about that. I had the '14 HP4, the '15 RR and found my '17 was better than both of them. The cat doesn't bother me, especially with the Akra GP shorty installed. Look at all the new literbikes today...they all have massive, exposed cats.
Yes and 80% rip off that big heavy heat making cat!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #45 (Edited)
Im getting flash with Akra header/stock muffler to start.
The drawback to this gen from last is no user mode. You cant pick what type of suspension you want. If you go to Race pro modes it picks the suspension for you which is much stiffer then say riding in rain, road, dynamic mode for the street.

·
Premium Member
570 Posts
Im getting flash with Akra header/stock muffler to start.
The drawback to this gen from last is no user mode. You cant pick what type of suspension you want. If you go to Race pro modes it picks the suspension for you which is much stiffer then say riding in rain, road, dynamic mode for the street.
I thought it was the opposite - that DDC manages the damping in all modes except race pro, and that in race pro you can adjust the damping?

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
I did say Race pro modes. You can adjust front damping and rear comp, rebound.
But the suspension is much stiffer then in the other modes is what Im saying.

·
Premium Member
570 Posts
Ah - I misunderstood what you meant when you said "If you go to Race pro modes it picks the suspension for you..."

·
Registered
107 Posts
Race Mode Pro, DDC 4 is about right for the street imo, firm, not too harsh. Race tach setting 1 - perfect. Loving this bike - light on its feet, ultra slick shifting. Just picked up my new Alpinestars pants and jacket, life is good, a bike you truly look forward to riding

·
Banned
4,268 Posts
Despite the flaws, which I'm sure will be fixed, I'd certainly LIKE one, and would most likely BUY one...except the new KTM 890 Adventure R I'm gonna get just came out, and I have a Can-Am Maverick X3 X RC Turbo RR and perhaps trailer for it to buy, so, I'll just have to settle for my paid off 2015 that I love. Congrats on the new bike though, and hope you enjoy MANY miles of trouble-free ownership!

Reactions: lumy
41 - 50 of 50 Posts