BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any regrets getting rid of the last gen for the new?
Vibration issues or anything?
Im trying to decide if I should go with the 2021 over my 2017 thats been issue free.
Thanx

·
Registered
961 Posts
I had a 2016 with no issues. I do not regret the decision of getting a 2020. The 2016 feels like a yacht compared to the new bike. The old bike is heavier, has less power, worse suspension, has worse electronics, and is much uglier!

·
4,826 Posts
Given all of the issues with K67, I would only upgrade if getting a 2021 build (gets released Q3 in US), or better wait until Q1 2021 since the riding season is almost over in the US depending on your location. I suggest you demo ride a K67, it's much better than K46 in every way IMO street or track.

Reactions: mrcosi76 and Fbto

·
Registered
98 Posts
I do not regret the decision of getting a 2020. The 2016 feels like a yacht compared to the new bike. The old bike is heavier, has less power, worse suspension, has worse electronics, and is much uglier!
LOL - unbiased opinion :)

Riding season is just getting started in NC, I love fall riding

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Given all of the issues with K67, I would only upgrade if getting a 2021 build (gets released Q3 in US), or better wait until Q1 2021 since the riding season is almost over in the US depending on your location. I suggest you demo ride a K67, it's much better than K46 in every way IMO street or track.
It is an 2021 and they are at dealers (USA)here selling like crazy already. Insurance is an extra $186 a year vs the 2017.:mad:
No demo rides to try around here.

·
Premium Member
564 Posts
Consider doing a CSS on their bikes? Not a cheap way to demo, but you'd get to wring it out a bit.

·
4,826 Posts
Where are you located? Almost every dealership I went to in NC had a demo K67 to try. Best way to try it on the track as others said with CSS school day with their bike.

·
Registered
98 Posts
There was a demo at my local dealer a couple months ago, but sales seem to be picking up

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Where are you located? Almost every dealership I went to in NC had a demo K67 to try. Best way to try it on the track as others said with CSS school day with their bike.
PA, border of NJ. There is a demo day in CT this week but thats 2 1/2 hrs away

·
Registered
8 Posts
I went from an issue free 2017 to the K67. After a Brentuning stage 1, I much prefer the K67. I think the 2017 was a little more comfortable for my 6'2" frame, but not a lot. As mentioned, suspension is notably better on the K67. Both are great rides. Test ride, but don't forget you'll likely want a tune to get to the performance.

·
Registered
567 Posts
The K67 is better than the predecessor models in dozens of ways and the total gain is significant. You need a flash, but that's life in today's regulatory environment.

·
Registered
938 Posts
I'm on my way there now, pitted at a starbucks waiting on roads to dry. They have a black one to view according to website, i'll snap some photos for you guys.

·
Banned
4,301 Posts
I'm not interested in buying one, but I'd like to take one out for a ride.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Depending where in PA, you may want to try Hermy's BMW in Port Clinton. They offer me a demo ride whenever I'm in for service. I'd check if they have a K67 first. I've found them to be very nice people.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Depending where in PA, you may want to try Hermy's BMW in Port Clinton. They offer me a demo ride whenever I'm in for service. I'd check if they have a K67 first. I've found them to be very nice people.
Hermys has nothing, neither does Montgomeryville, they are small time BMW dealers

·
Registered
281 Posts
I'll admit it was years ago, but I had a series of very poor service experiences with a couple of Japanese bikes. I'm showing my age I suppose, but I came to realize how much I valued the old-school motorcycle shop attitude that did not appear to be a part of the Montgomeryville business plan. I live equidistant between Hermy's and Montgomeryville and have nothing but good things to say about my experiences at Hermy's. On both the sales and service sides. In my experience they "do what they say they'll do".

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
Any regrets getting rid of the last gen for the new?
Vibration issues or anything?
Im trying to decide if I should go with the 2021 over my 2017 thats been issue free.
Thanx
Like you, I have the '17, and it's just about perfect. Solid, no issues, smooth as silk and over 15,000 fantastic miles. The saying, "Happiness is wanting what you already have..." applies here. Unless you have a compelling reason, I can't see it. The 2020 issues and an unknown in the 2021 keep me on the sidelines where they're concerned. BMW keeps adding bling to the new bikes, but the idea of "form follows function" seems to have been reversed in the 2020 model, and now the 2021. I would like to see the 2021 go through an entire year without problems before I'd even consider it.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Update
Thanx to those that replied.
I went and took the plunge and got an 2021 Black, everything as the M package without carbon wheels or the rock hard seat, forged wheels instead.
Im glad I made the switch, I love it!
The bike feels light years ahead of the 2017, everything is better. Im very happy I made the move and got a killer deal on it!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts