BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m new to NSW Sydney recently moved over here and wondering if there are other members any on this site that live here too.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I’m new to NSW Sydney recently moved over here and wondering if there are other members any on this site that live here too.
Welcome mate and yes there are a few of us on here that are very helpful and knowledgeable. :grin2: Im all over AUS traveling

·
Vendor
2,075 Posts
There are many.. Welcome...
@bennymx is in your area and a BMW mech as well.

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Does a bear sh!t in the woods?

Welcome to the forum mate from the South West of Syndey.

What part of the big smoke are you in?

·
Registered
53 Posts
It's all on fire. The Oxley Highway is still closed after almost two months, Putty Rd is closed again after being open briefly.
I rode Bells Line and out to Oberon on Saturday, however the smoke from Windsor to Bilpin was the worst.
Kings Highway in the south has been open and closed a couple of times.

Maybe we'll be able to ride without choking by winter :p

·
Registered
228 Posts
Another one here. In the Hills area up the road from Parramatta. These fires have definitely taken toll on some of our fave riding areas of late.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I've ridden on all the roads mentioned in this tread and still rate the best public road for sports bikes is the old pac from PITS down to Brooklyn. Cops or no cops, it doesn't matter, their radars are useless bouncing off the sandstone walls around corners, been riding it for 30 years and never been pinned.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I've ridden on all the roads mentioned in this tread and still rate the best public road for sports bikes is the old pac from PITS down to Brooklyn. Cops or no cops, it doesn't matter, their radars are useless bouncing off the sandstone walls around corners, been riding it for 30 years and never been pinned.
It is great yes, but the weekend warriors, learners, traffic, cops and the lycra brigade all make it not so great. When I do go up it's super early up to the slab and back to PITS for breakfast and then go home before the carnage begins

Weekdays are ideal but work requires me to turn up to get paid :(

·
Registered
228 Posts
It is great yes, but the weekend warriors, learners, traffic, cops and the lycra brigade all make it not so great. When I do go up it's super early up to the slab and back to PITS for breakfast and then go home before the carnage begins

Weekdays are ideal but work requires me to turn up to get paid :(
I used to ride this road religiously every weekend. Been riding / driving it for 25 years also but I won't go up on weekends anymore either. Several fines and close calls with hero riders and drivers is what got me started on trackdays. These days it's an after work weekday or Sunday evening run.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The only difference I find hard so far to get used to is the lane sizes compared to WA but a riders a rider regardless I’m no hero gotta get used to it, hopefully these fires calm soon n be able to organise a decent ride up them roads! Would be awesome to meet new ppl and bikes 😂

1 - 20 of 27 Posts