BMW S1000RR Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I wasn't interested in watching any "virtual" race, especially since I've never been a "gamer". But I've been watching at least 1 MotoGP race a day for the last few days. Glad I renewed my subscription before having to work from home! I figured I'd start at the beginning of 2017 and work my way up. Then I can work on maybe the Moto2 and MotoGP races from 2018 on up. Then maybe go back and watch a bunch of "best of" races. I've also been buying some "hi-res" (24bit) music to try that out on my home theater, and yesterday I downloaded all my digital pictures (mostly M/C rides) to my new system and FINALLY updated the maps in my Garmin GPS that I hadn't been able to update since I bought the thing in 2015. Good news is that the new maps now show the brand ne housing development I live in so I can now favorite my new address instead of GPS coordinates! AND I still don't have to waste 3-1/2hrs/day driving to/from work. So, there's a definite upside to this!

Stay safe fellas!
Thats a long commute!

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I'm glad all of you get time to stay home....

We got hit by the TN Tornado on 3/7. Destroyed our building and we've had to move EVERYTHING for at least 6 months(and 2.8M). That mess that used to be a warehouse across the street was ground zero. The one with a partial roof is mine (personally). Now Covid. I've worked 3 weeks 12+ hour days straight. The only place I won't go is the post office. Keep crossing (and washing) my fingers that I don't get sick. View attachment 210466
Wow. Hope insurance covers that damage!

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Thats a long commute!
Yeah, it is, 79-ish to 90-ish miles each way depending on the route, the shorter route through some beautiful scenery most of the way through the mountains at 9,300ft then dropping down to 7,300ft where I work. At least you're rolling. I carpool with 2 others when we're on site. IT sucks, but the lab is really remote and the only small towns close are so absurdly expensive that most of us do a similar commute. It's better than friends I know in Denver who now spend the same time in stop-n-go traffic to go....20-40 miles. I'll take the drive thru the mtn's any day over that!

41 - 43 of 43 Posts