BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so, with all the overblown panic spread by the #fakenews media, and being totally sick of it, here's a thread for how good and NORMAL our lives really are.

Me, running a little low on food, but as a bachelor, I never really stock much anyway. I'm sure I can find pretty much all I need, with the possible exception of TP. I usually buy it in packs of 12 so I still have 14 rolls, so, I'm ok there. I still have my job, and am working from home, so, that's good. The little I have in a 401k took a hit, but so effing what? I still have my house, my job, and the money in my bank account is still there. I bought a new handgun that I want to shoot more, and will, if this absurd run on ammo ceases. Even if not, a friend who's a retired Marine/Navy/cop says he's got plenty if I need any. I still have my BMW to ride, and gas is cheap, go ride! Motorcycling is by nature social distancing. All in all, aside from the annoyances of not being able to go out and eat, and the @$$holes spreading panic to purposely tank the economy, and the @$$hole hoarders, my life is the same as it was before, as I imagine yours is too. My sciatica issue that's been kind of crippling me for a while is better today, so I'm thankful for that also. It's a beautiful day outside, maybe I'll go for a walk.

Basically, life is still good, take the sensible precautions, but don't panic and don't hoard, we'll get through this like we have EVERY pandemic in human history, there is no need to overreact to this, you're just playing into the medias hands.

My good thing for the day is that I think I've got my remote in issues fixed, and I still have my apt. with my surgeon this week to talk about doing both rotator cuffs. What's your good thing today?

Reactions: RRnut

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
I'll play. Despite the economic turmoil, my work is as busy as ever (at least for now). I'm happy for that. I'm picking up what I think are some bargains in the stock market. My kids are back from college doing classes remotely. It's nice having them around. And traffic has been much lighter. Social distancing hasn't bothered my because that's my standard procedure anyway!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Ok, so, with all the overblown panic spread by the #fakenews media, and being totally sick of it, here's a thread for how good and NORMAL our lives really are.

Me, running a little low on food, but as a bachelor, I never really stock much anyway. I'm sure I can find pretty much all I need, with the possible exception of TP. I usually buy it in packs of 12 so I still have 14 rolls, so, I'm ok there. I still have my job, and am working from home, so, that's good. The little I have in a 401k took a hit, but so effing what? I still have my house, my job, and the money in my bank account is still there. I bought a new handgun that I want to shoot more, and will, if this absurd run on ammo ceases. Even if not, a friend who's a retired Marine/Navy/cop says he's got plenty if I need any. I still have my BMW to ride, and gas is cheap, go ride! Motorcycling is by nature social distancing. All in all, aside from the annoyances of not being able to go out and eat, and the @$$holes spreading panic to purposely tank the economy, and the @$$hole hoarders, my life is the same as it was before, as I imagine yours is too. My sciatica issue that's been kind of crippling me for a while is better today, so I'm thankful for that also. It's a beautiful day outside, maybe I'll go for a walk.

Basically, life is still good, take the sensible precautions, but don't panic and don't hoard, we'll get through this like we have EVERY pandemic in human history, there is no need to overreact to this, you're just playing into the medias hands.

My good thing for the day is that I think I've got my remote in issues fixed, and I still have my apt. with my surgeon this week to talk about doing both rotator cuffs. What's your good thing today?
My good thing is that it supposed to be sunny. And I’ll need to use my bike to get necessities because my brakes need fixing on my car. Officer. Seriously. 130? I’m thinking it was 135 but, ok. What can I say, scared about the virus officer. Getting this medicine home expediently, sir to my elderly family.

·
4,674 Posts
Some women became more open to be side chicks if their needs are met. Especially college chicks that were kicked out of their dorms, don't wanna go back to their parents' houses. Many people are losing their jobs already. Recession is coming!

One plus is that roads are empty, great for riding, but weather has not been helping.

I was prepared for this long time ago. Bidet for washing my ass (both stationary and mobile bidets), built a water filter years ago (I think I have an old thread on it). Security system, non conventional weapons in place (modified electric nail guns, tasers, blades, etc... no dependency on ammo and conventional weapons issues). Don't get me wrong, AR10 with 30 double mag is great for stationary quarantine, for mobility conventional weapons is the way to go IMO. My friends have 5000+ rounds, no way of moving that anywhere.

Using small gym at home and MTBing to stay fit.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Some women became more open to be side chicks if their needs are met. Especially college chicks that were kicked out of their dorms, don't wanna go back to their parents' houses. Many people are losing their jobs already. Recession is coming!

One plus is that roads are empty, great for riding, but weather has not been helping.

I was prepared for this long time ago. Bidet for washing my ass (both stationary and mobile bidets), built a water filter years ago (I think I have an old thread on it). Security system, non conventional weapons in place (modified electric nail guns, tasers, blades, etc... no dependency on ammo and conventional weapons issues). Don't get me wrong, AR10 with 30 double mag is great for stationary quarantine, for mobility conventional weapons is the way to go IMO. My friends have 5000+ rounds, no way of moving that anywhere.

Using small gym at home and MTBing to stay fit.
"...if their needs are met".....Ahhhh, luring them in with promises of plenty of Charmin for their tender little @sses. Work it bro! LOL Me I just have my Walther with a few round left, my giant Buck survival knife, and my big ugly mean self. Our Lab is overwhelmed right now with remote login's so there's issues there, but, not the workers fault. I need to go get food tomorrow though. Not much left at home. But it's a nice day so far and even the stock market has surged significantly. Now, if only the Gov't could work together and NOT throw in pork in stimulus bill to add money for abortions and transgender windmills etc... LOL

Reactions: RRnut

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
My tinfoil hat will protect me!

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Administrator
6,788 Posts
As it turns out for the moment. The crash and loss of job at the start of the year actually has helped me more now that this lock down is upon us. I got a good pay out from my job and the bike write off. I have been receiving payments for my injury while recovering at home. I've been basically doing this whole lock down thing for 2 months already. I do have a job lined up and am waiting on their final decision on whether to put me on or wait due to the new rules changing every day. I am not that worried to be honest. Just staying at home and playing video games. I did go for a ride last weekend. First time in 2 months. Said I would take it easy. That didn't last long. Back to full pace and it felt good. No issues.

·
Registered
98 Posts
As it turns out for the moment. The crash and loss of job at the start of the year actually has helped me more now that this lock down is upon us. I got a good pay out from my job and the bike write off. I have been receiving payments for my injury while recovering at home. I've been basically doing this whole lock down thing for 2 months already. I do have a job lined up and am waiting on their final decision on whether to put me on or wait due to the new rules changing every day. I am not that worried to be honest. Just staying at home and playing video games. I did go for a ride last weekend. First time in 2 months. Said I would take it easy. That didn't last long. Back to full pace and it felt good. No issues.
what games you playing and what system?

·
Administrator
6,788 Posts
what games you playing and what system?
At the moment my rig is a 6 year old setup that cost me around $3k at the time. I play all my games on low and builds generally take me through 6 to 7 years with maybe one GPU upgrade in that time. I have been playing the new COD Warzone BR and a bit of Fortnite here and there but not really. I touched it again because I was bored. I been playing Apex Legends as well a bit. Dabbled in BFV but got bored of that. Also play a smaller game called APB Reloaded. Been on that for like 10 years. I am about to probably buy a RTX 2070 8GB as the old 3GB 780 doesn't quite cut the mustard for the new cod. I'm only playing on 1920x1080 @ 1080p on a 27" 144Hz monitor. I am due to build a new rig entirely but with the current situation I think maybe the 2070 will do the job for around $700 instead of a new 4k rig. The 4790k will bottleneck slightly but at 1080p it will give me the performance I need. Depending on when I get a job I may wait and build the new rig.

My PC
CPU: Intel i7 4790k stock 4Ghz
MEM: G-skill 16GB (2x8GB) 1333MHz
GPU: Nvidia ASUS GTX780 3GB
MB: ASUS Maximus Hero VII
PSU: Corsair AX850W
Storage: Samsung 860 EVO SSD 256GB, 2 x 1 TB HDD
Case: Coolermaster Cosmos II

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Awesome! Glad to hear you're doing better bro! Congrats and best of luck getting that new and improved position!

Keep the good news coming fellas! We'll beat this virus yet!

Reactions: bennymx

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
Work is thrice as busy as before the craziness started. I worked remote twice a week as I'm in IT industry so it didnt make a whole lot of difference wfh now.
I have enough TP to last till July (only use 1 role every 2 weeks!). Im Iranian originally, and lets just say we prefer to wash with a bidet than wipe with TP (although TP is for drying the tail end), its also more hygienic. Plus, I read an article on BBC Health that excessive wiping for guys can lead to prostate issues.. not sure how hard the guys who were surveyed were wiping LOL
Enough about the back end business..

I've been cooking more at home, almost no takeouts. Which has let me to try new mashup recipes, mix whatever is in the pantry. It also has been helping me to learn how to work an induction stove top because I never cooked as much. Basically I'm discovering my remodeled kitchen from scratch pretty much.

People here don't take social distancing very seriously unfortunately. And although our province has mandated shutting down all "non-essential" services, I see a lot of stores being open, as if pretty much everything is essential.

Interestingly enough though, the THIRD store mentioned on the list is LCBO (liquor store) and our premier repeated himself 4 times when he said booz will be available lol
They even went as far as having the chief medical officer saying "some people depend on alcohol and we have to make sure its available. Closing down LCBO can lead to suffering and public chaos".

Also conspiracy theory? No, not getting into it on the anti doom & gloom thread :cool:

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm somewhat reclusive by nature, so, for me this isn't much different from normal life except that I like to go have a nice meal every so often and now I can't. But as far as panic, nah. Now that my PC is working as well as it can for remoting in (lousy resolution for CAD work but nothing I can do about it), I'm getting used to it. It saves me 3-1/2hrs/day in the car to work and back, and gas money. I feel more sorry for all those that have been far more negatively affected than us, and wish them the best in getting through this.

Me, I got some Antoine Dufour rocking on Pandora while I work, so I can't complain!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts