BMW S1000RR Forum banner

41 - 60 of 74 Posts

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
Ok had to delete the last one, my English went to sleep on me, haha.

I'm 80% sure this guy will let the bike go for 20k cash. I've spoken to him via Facebook message and he says title in hand, 300miles. Located Virginia USA. Only posted on here in case someone is interested.

Wonder why I'm seeing so many for sale. It's crazy, I absolutely love mine. Could it be better? YES, did I think about selling? YES but I thought about it hard for a few days and only issues I could come up with can be fixed with a flash. (BMW_388 and Brentuning) already have one available. So I've chosen to deal with it for now, and spent a boat load on carbon from @MotoMillion. Next year hopefully when I'm confident that the bike will withstand the time I'll flash/tune/full system it.
Is the warranty transferable?
I would assume, but I'm not completely sure on that.(I'm not selling.... just incase... haha)

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
@flyryder One can only stay positive for so long. I will always buy a S1000RR. But I am very disappointed about losing out on so much riding time. I do have my current RR but when you know the new one is coming that becomes forgotten. I need a new bike. 2 years I upgrade and now I am already over 3. The bike is old and tired. I don't want it. I am just having a whinge. I have been quiet but seeing everyone modifying their new bikes is really making me triggered. Toys out of the pram now.
Benny, hang in there brother! It's coming, I know your frustrated. Hopefully yours arrives soon, it drove me crazy waiting so I can only imagine what you are going threw everyday.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
@flyryder One can only stay positive for so long. I will always buy a S1000RR. But I am very disappointed about losing out on so much riding time. I do have my current RR but when you know the new one is coming that becomes forgotten. I need a new bike. 2 years I upgrade and now I am already over 3. The bike is old and tired. I don't want it. I am just having a whinge. I have been quiet but seeing everyone modifying their new bikes is really making me triggered. Toys out of the pram now.
"Toys out of the pram..." That's a great description. I don't blame you.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I’m number 11 out of 15 at the dealer I’m going to get my bike from. I hope some bikes start rolling in soon and or people drop their spot. Luckily I still have a liter bike to ride around for the summer but the wait is definitely frustrating! I feel everyone’s pain. I would of grabbed the one posted above it’s about a 6 hr drive from me but I planned on charging 10k on the credit card when mine came in. Only got 14k cash at the moment for the bike and still paying off my new truck from last year. Guess I just gotta wait it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
I cancelled my deposit after I saw the bulletin that they were looking for a new mfg for case parts and more units wouldn't be starting drop till late this year "novemberish".

I did a few demo rides and after a long hard think along with a little deal work I'm taking this home next week.

Hope you enjoy it, sorry to hear you've left BMW. It sucks seeing the issues with many forum members not receiving bikes. I absolutely love mine, wish everyone had one.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hope you enjoy it, sorry to hear you've left BMW. It sucks seeing the issues with many forum members not receiving bikes. I absolutely love mine, wish everyone had one.
I definitely would have liked to run with the new BMW, however been riding the BMW inline 4 for the last 6 years. Felt with the current slurry of delays and a few issues, also lack of other colors on the M pack. Thought it was time to venture and try a whole different engine. While the Duc wont beat the BMW on the dyno it is no slouch by any means. I almost ran with the ape but horrible resale and still seeing 2018 motors dropping valves. Also the ape was a bit tight for my height and seating position wasn't ideal for me.

I'm still gonna lurk around as I enjoy the crowd here, and possibly will be adding a new BMW in the next year or two should I decide to move back.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I cancelled my deposit after I saw the bulletin that they were looking for a new mfg for case parts and more units wouldn't be starting drop till late this year "novemberish".

I did a few demo rides and after a long hard think along with a little deal work I'm taking this home next week.

That bike is so sexy it makes my dick hurt.

·
Registered
97 Posts

Hi,please could you post link of this bulletin?
Cheers!
Mateo!

·
Registered
53 Posts
I own a 2018 RR... and I also have a 2020 RR M sport that is stock.

First I have ridden both on the street and I have ridden both on the track BACK TO BACK.

...lots of text...
Great review and comparison, was a pleasure reading!

Q: Why don´t you set TPMS in off mode?

·
Registered
95 Posts
@Force Induced nice one. I'd love to buy something while I wait but most likely I will run my 16 into the ground and wait it out.

@bennymx I wish wouldn't have sold my 16 in march prepping for the new bike otherwise I'd just be holding off. But I don't want to miss the fall riding season, and anymore waiting is just gonna cause more headache. hopefully by this time next year things are leveled out. I'm also hoping to see more M pack color options.

·
Registered
42 Posts
He hardly revs it above 8000rpm ... and also hardly hits the apex ...
I can understand he'd rather drive a vespa to go shopping for groceries >:)

·
Banned
146 Posts
I have a 2019 RSV4 Factory in the garage now. It's far cry from the 2020 (after BrenTuning flash). Don't get me wrong, cool bike. Sounds amazing. Just lacks power IMO. Had to change the front sprocket to a 16 tooth just to make it feel more lively. Then added exhaust and a flash to make it feel a lot better. It's still slower than the 2020 but a different animal all together.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Summarized complains from the video and my responses

• Inability to change things while riding: Please ride the bike and focus on the track rather than be distracted changing things on the bike. This unpredictability is a source of helicopter rides from the track, STOP.
  • Power dip: Fair point. Blame the EPA and California though. If you are using this bike for racing, get an Alpha ECU, forget about all those flashes out there.
  • Electronic suspension: Notice how he mentioned that it felt better when he went faster. The only times he complained was when he was going super slow, taking shitty lines, not having proper controls, and getting on the throttle way too early and the bike pushing wide.
There are more things stated on that video but I am deciding to stop here before I get an aneurism from watching such a retarded "review"

·
Registered
237 Posts
Other manufactures do not seem have these issues with loosing 44 hp in certain gears so dont put it on the EPA and Cali! You spend over $20K for a liter bike and you expect liter bike performance! You should not have to spend about $1k to make it the way it should have been from the factory getting it flashed!
People can defend the bike all the want, but at the end of the day its a let down to certain people spending that much cash! Also keeping the warranty on a bike like this is smart, they are super expensive to fix!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Other manufactures do not seem have these issues with loosing 44 hp in certain gears so dont put it on the EPA and Cali! You spend over $20K for a liter bike and you expect liter bike performance! You should not have to spend about $1k to make it the way it should have been from the factory getting it flashed!
People can defend the bike all the want, but at the end of the day its a let down to certain people spending that much cash! Also keeping the warranty on a bike like this is smart, they are super expensive to fix!
Of course its EPA & Cali, the same bike in almost the rest of the world doesn't have these extreme restrictive power issues, I take it you're from the US right? the world wasn't created by Christopher Columbus.

41 - 60 of 74 Posts