BMW S1000RR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
I still have a deposit on a 2020 BMW at this point however. I'm literally an inch away from pulling the trigger on a Aprilia Rsv4 1100 or a v4s. I have a gut feeling that BMW has fantastic engineers like most of german majors. But I feel that rushed to market coupled with cost cutting measures is gonna result in a rough first year of production. Loud engine ticking is something I don't tolerate especially when I'm dropping over 20k on a machine. Granted all these bikes out have had known issues, however the motor building / car guy inside me says it would literally eat at my soul daily.

I'm still currently stuck at an impasse to hold out or jump ship for a year or two.
RSV4 1100 seems to be the bike to get this year if you are not willing to deal with the small imperfections of the new RR and the enormous travesty that the RR got for fuel delivery and keep your warranty.

The RSV4 can get a simple $800 Akro can (that removes exhaust flap and cat, no need for full exhaust) and get flashed BY THE DEALER, retain full warranty and put out 205-209rwhp. Handles like a dream, and will sh1t all over the 2020 S1000RR, deristricted or not :) You can get GPS on it, phone, music, just like the RR, without the useless tire pressure monitoring thing. The app will let you adjust all electronics turn by turn at the track using the app. Very cool just tried it today couple of hours after letting go of the 2020 S1000RR. If you need a bike right now, that's the way to go. The 2021 or possibly 2022 S1000RR will still be a bike to get at that point. Not right now.....

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
If we had an Aprilia dealer here, I'd be tempted when my '17 warranty expires to go that route. But since we don't, I'll keep the best RR BMW ever made for a while longer.

:grin2:

·
Registered
144 Posts
I still have a deposit on a 2020 BMW at this point however. I'm literally an inch away from pulling the trigger on a Aprilia Rsv4 1100 or a v4s. I have a gut feeling that BMW has fantastic engineers like most of german majors. But I feel that rushed to market coupled with cost cutting measures is gonna result in a rough first year of production. Loud engine ticking is something I don't tolerate especially when I'm dropping over 20k on a machine. Granted all these bikes out have had known issues, however the motor building / car guy inside me says it would literally eat at my soul daily.

I'm still currently stuck at an impasse to hold out or jump ship for a year or two.
Id stick it out a little longer at the very least. I have ridden the RSV4 1100 and the 18RR and a 20RR back to back. While the RSV4 is quite confidence inspiring the 18 is a banshee on the track and smashes it in the straits. the 20 will beat the 18 above 9K all day.

ECU fixed and you are good to go.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Aprilia got it right. The 1100 is strong on all fronts right out of the box. So long as you are not planning on entering 1000cc class races all is good. I was planning on only having 1 race bike next year and was hoping it would be the S1000RR. But may need to go with 2 bike approach again and get a RSV4 1100 as well....

·
Registered
21 Posts
Let me get this straight the advertised 204hp or what ever it is for the 2020, is not the case since the older RR (2015 and up) are quicker? Or is the older RR just quicker depending on the gear you're in?

·
Vendor
2,627 Posts
Let me get this straight the advertised 204hp or what ever it is for the 2020, is not the case since the older RR (2015 and up) are quicker? Or is the older RR just quicker depending on the gear you're in?
the 20 will win in 1st, 4th, 5th, 6th... STOCK

Get the XWORKS and the story changes..

Reactions: stefanus

·
Registered
106 Posts
no, it makes the advertised 204hp and then some. Just everything below peak in the first 4 gears is restricted heavily

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I feel your pain. Aprilia has been on my mind as well. No major changes except for the engine and the bike is still a top contender. I cant wait to see a redesign though.

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Ok had to delete the last one, my English went to sleep on me, haha.

I'm 80% sure this guy will let the bike go for 20k cash. I've spoken to him via Facebook message and he says title in hand, 300miles. Located Virginia USA. Only posted on here in case someone is interested.

Wonder why I'm seeing so many for sale. It's crazy, I absolutely love mine. Could it be better? YES, did I think about selling? YES but I thought about it hard for a few days and only issues I could come up with can be fixed with a flash. (BMW_388 and Brentuning) already have one available. So I've chosen to deal with it for now, and spent a boat load on carbon from @MotoMillion. Next year hopefully when I'm confident that the bike will withstand the time I'll flash/tune/full system it.

Attachments

·
Administrator
6,767 Posts
I feel your pain. Aprilia has been on my mind as well. No major changes except for the engine and the bike is still a top contender. I cant wait to see a redesign though.
I'm pissed. I'm ready to get a new R1 or Ape and ride it till I get my BMW. I ain't gonna miss out on half or all of the warm weather when it arrives. This cold winter bs is making me depressed coupled with the production delays. I've had a gut full :mad:

·
Premium Member
408 Posts
I'm pissed. I'm ready to get a new R1 or Ape and ride it till I get my BMW. I ain't gonna miss out on half or all of the warm weather when it arrives. This cold winter bs is making me depressed coupled with the production delays. I've had a gut full :mad:
It would help if there were reliable information about when bikes will be available.

My current street/track bike is becoming unreliable - not sure how long I can wait for the BMW.
This is interesting: https://www.asphaltandrubber.com/bikes/triumph-daytona-765-moto2-limited-edition/

·
Registered
924 Posts

I'm 80% sure this guy will let the bike go for 20k cash. I've spoken to him via Facebook message and he says title in hand, 300miles. Located Virginia USA. Only posted on here in case someone is interested.

Wonder why I'm seeing so many for sale. It's crazy, I absolutely love mine. Could it be better? YES, did I think about selling? YES but I thought about it hard for a few days and only issues I could come up with can be fixed with a flash. (BMW_388 and Brentuning) already have one available. So I've chosen to deal with it for now, and spent a boat load on carbon from @MotoMillion. Next year hopefully when I'm confident that the bike will withstand the time I'll flash/tune/full system it.
I saw that, there was like a VW GTI or something next to the bike. Looked like a condo complex. Whatever, if you want to sell because you're impatient with the tune let someone else love it. The rest of us will wait for more colors, and a few glitches to work their way out.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Where are you located? You should be able to get the bike in a few months.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts

Is the warranty transferable?

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
"Et tu, Brute?"

What happened to all that "next generation" enthusiasm??

·
Administrator
6,767 Posts
@flyryder One can only stay positive for so long. I will always buy a S1000RR. But I am very disappointed about losing out on so much riding time. I do have my current RR but when you know the new one is coming that becomes forgotten. I need a new bike. 2 years I upgrade and now I am already over 3. The bike is old and tired. I don't want it. I am just having a whinge. I have been quiet but seeing everyone modifying their new bikes is really making me triggered. Toys out of the pram now.

·
Registered
980 Posts
@flyryder One can only stay positive for so long. I will always buy a S1000RR. But I am very disappointed about losing out on so much riding time. I do have my current RR but when you know the new one is coming that becomes forgotten. I need a new bike. 2 years I upgrade and now I am already over 3. The bike is old and tired. I don't want it. I am just having a whinge. I have been quiet but seeing everyone modifying their new bikes is really making me triggered. Toys out of the pram now.
"old and tired" pffft

Attachments

21 - 40 of 74 Posts