BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here have the Air Tech 5? If so can you please share you likes and dislikes?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Anyone here have the Air Tech 5? If so can you please share you likes and dislikes?

Thanks!
It is fantastic though a little heavy. Leave some room in your jacket. No dislikes yet after a few months of wearing it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is fantastic though a little heavy. Leave some room in your jacket. No dislikes yet after a few months of wearing it.
So no heat issue during hot summer days? My worry is that it might be too hot during summer. I am currently using a Helite 2. No airflow issue with it, but I don't like the tether, cause I forget to buckle it sometime. Also extra tether are $30 each. Having multiple bike make it pricey.

·
Registered
11 Posts
So no heat issue during hot summer days? My worry is that it might be too hot during summer. I am currently using a Helite 2. No airflow issue with it, but I don't like the tether, cause I forget to buckle it sometime. Also extra tether are $30 each. Having multiple bike make it pricey.
As with any airbag there is no airflow where the bags are. But if you are using a well ventilated jack on top of it it is ok. I live in FL and I sweat a lot using it but I think it is worth it for the protection. The back protector on the tech air race is bulkier than on the tech 5.

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
I'm turned off by the repack/recharge cost and mailing away. I use a HitAir MLV. I always toss my tether over my throttle grip when dismounting, can't forget it that way! I can repack and recharge at the track if needed, it fits loose and allows abundant airflow around it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm turned off by the repack/recharge cost and mailing away. I use a HitAir MLV. I always toss my tether over my throttle grip when dismounting, can't forget it that way! I can repack and recharge at the track if needed, it fits loose and allows abundant airflow around it.
Helite suggest tying the tether to the frame so it's not long enough to reach the handle bar.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Helite makes a good product but as I recently found out, if you go for a slide and don't leave the bike, it does not deploy and your ribs still get bruised and broken. I'm going to switch to the Tech-Air 5 as soon as I heal up.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Helite makes a good product but as I recently found out, if you go for a slide and don't leave the bike, it does not deploy and your ribs still get bruised and broken. I'm going to switch to the Tech-Air 5 as soon as I heal up.

That is good to know. Hope you get better soon.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts