BMW S1000RR Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
I had a TechAir Race Suit and it didn't deploy. There's several occasions where the accelerometers fail. A photographer even caught one of the crashes mid air and the suit never deployed. Alpinestars was a joke to deal with after the fact. They're garbage imo and not worth it, especially since they have to be sent off to be recharged.

·
Registered
2004 BMW R1150R, 2017 BMW R1200GS, 2020 BMW S1000RR
583 Posts
Not to change the subject too much, but of all the air vests I don't hear/read much about the dainese airbags. Is there a specific reason why?

·
8,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
^ Dainese screwed up when they designed their air vest to be coupled to their race suits, gotta send whole suit for repair. Also, their race suits work on outside of boots, which many racers don't like.
You will find few people in paddock with Dainese due to above reasons. Their street air vest is not certified for track, does not have as much coverage as Tech air 5.

Reactions: col-s1krr

·
Registered
933 Posts
What i have heard about tech air and other air suits that go off of radio waves? for lack of a better term ,is that they deploy when rider is just going down the highway. I prefer the manual rip cord tied to bike method .Then again im 57 years old . i like things tried and true.
I also heard that if dainse air vest that goes under your leathers gets scratched (back of leathers zipper i assume) then Dainse will not reset mechanism and tell you to buy another vest . This was second hand info but with todays law suit happy society ,i can see it happening .

·
Registered
6 Posts
I like the idea of increased protection but it may be overkill for the street. I mean, what if you want to get off the bike and walk around for a while, or have lunch? Taking this off is not something you'd want to do in public, and once it's off then you have to carry it around while you're off the bike.
I dunno.
The best idea I think is to just wear the Tech 10 and a white T-shirt squid style. Be the boss!!

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
What i have heard about tech air and other air suits that go off of radio waves? for lack of a better term ,is that they deploy when rider is just going down the highway.
Wearing your tinfoil hat, you should be safe from that... 🤣

·
8,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Tech 10 is not meant for the street just track, there are better other Alpin* options for street and adv.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts