1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

images hosting

Mods:

Brembo RCS 19 and matching clutch lever. H/T TJ at Riders Discount
Braktech Axis Iron rotors/ Ferodo racing brake pads.
IAT sensor relocation
Attack Rear sets H/T TJ at Riders Discount
688 mid pipe H/T Cross Country Cycles- also available from @M GmbH
Race ECU H/T Willie at San Jose BMW
Lightech Chain Adjusters
Track fairings from motoxpricambi.com

Re: The fairings. received them 4 days after stated ship date. No bad external damage to the box. You could tell it wasn't handled with care but was intact with no punctures. Merchandise was well wrapped. Painted parts had 2 scratches and a chip. Windscreen had a scratch. Fitment good but not effortless. (too much to ask) Considering the numerous paint options, I think bang for the buck was very good to excellent. I love the new look. :grin2:

New Pirelli race rubber SC1 front and SC2 rear for it's first track day.

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice. No case savers?
LOL. I guess I'm old school. I never used them when I was racing in the '80s. They should probably be there. They just weren't a priority. I do like the GB Racing kit that Riders Discount has. I'll add them to the list of future mods. :)

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hopefully you'll never need them. It looks like you have some throttlemeister. Is that for vibration?
Nope. Although the throttlemeister cut down vibration quite a bit. It was to give the old throttle hand a little relief on the way to the twisties. Vibration dampening is why it wasn't removed for the track. The electronic cruise control on the 2015 is too nice on the street. That is why it is not the track bike. :)

·
Premium Member
3,437 Posts
LOL. I guess I'm old school. I never used them when I was racing in the '80s. They should probably be there. They just weren't a priority. I do like the GB Racing kit that Riders Discount has. I'll add them to the list of future mods. :)
Not too old school, WTF fork reflectors still on the bike for?
Or are you using them as "fork sliders"?

J/k bike looks sweet, congratulations.

Where do you call home?

·
Registered
809 Posts
You really cant beat the MotoXP Ricambi fairings for what they cost. Very minimal adjustments needed to get them to fit and they look awesome! I got the full CF set on my HP4 and am very pleased! Great looking bike, but I would definitely add the GB case savers from Riders Discount.

Reactions: wfo439

·
Registered
535 Posts
All dressed up and ready to fly.

My best mate (rip) was from the 80's as a racer as well and he to never used sliders on his bikes, funny that.

Best thing is to goto Riders Discount like everyone is saying.

Buy em tonight if you can.

Bike looks beautiful.

:smile2:

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dressed to kill! Post some videos on the track! We just got an HP4 in at our dealer and I'm SO tempted to take it home with me.
I probably won't post any videos till September. First track day was last weekend. I'm planning 2 trips to Thunderhill and 3 to Sonoma.

I didn't want the added distraction of a camera the first time out.

I need a few more hp4 fairings for my bike rebuild if you decide go sell stock parts :). Looks good
Thanks for the offer. I'm keeping the stock parts for when it needs to go back to street trim. :)

·
Registered
150 Posts
How's the quality? Do you know if you can buy a single piece rather than the full set? My upper fairing piece broke and $500 for the painted OEM one is a bit... pricey for what it is lol.

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sooo... the bike is getting some more upgrades.

Rapid Bike Racing and My Tune Modules.

It is supposed to have a baseline run, a tune for CA pump gas, a map switch and a tune for ERC MUL C. I was sent this pic today and I have no idea whether it is pump gas or the race gas yet. Have to make a phone call. It's on a different Dyno Jet dyno than the run with just the BMW race ECU which produced 186 HP. Will post more results when available.

No word on whether the IRC blipper was installed and still waiting on suspension.

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Great color. Do you use your passenger pegs for strapping?
LOL.. Just haven't got around to removing them. I do use soft ties and a couple extra straps on the mounting brackets. Poor man's race hooks. :laugh:

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Update: The dyno results are with the supplied ERC MUL C race gas. ERC Racing Fuels :: Racing Gasoline Specs

I was told no map switch was required as the The My Tune" module would adjust for pump gas. IRC blipper is installed and working great. Now the long wait for suspension. :frown2:

1 - 20 of 66 Posts