BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Honda Racing Corporation have announced the signing of double World Champion Alex Marquez. The young Spanish rider and reigning Moto2™ Champion will join the Repsol Honda Team on a one-year contract.

He will move from the intermediate class to partner eight-time World Champion and older brother Marc Marquez in 2020 for his debut season in the premier class aboard the Honda RC213V.

https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2019/11/18/alex-marquez-announced-at-repsol-honda-for-2020/319950

·
Premium Member
2,965 Posts
Won't be hard.

Marc said it is a hard bike to ride. Look at the rest of the Honda riders.

Maybe Marc will share some of his secrets after he has gained enough of a point lead a few races in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
4,587 Posts
Expected, Alex will block other riders so his bro can win. Then he takes over when he is older.

So cool to be racing with one's brother at the highest level. Marc said his brother is the better rider as he is taller and his balls are slightly bigger. We shall see........

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Expected, Alex will block other riders so his bro can win. Then he takes over when he is older.

So cool to be racing with one's brother at the highest level. Marc said his brother is the better rider as he is taller and his balls are slightly bigger. We shall see........
LOL I wonder, was the testicular measurement done by hand? Weight? Maybe a pair of digital calipers? Did they have a 3rd party to determine that, or....? :)

You know, I just thought of something in looking at your signature about sliding and not enough lube. Perhaps you should start "Team Astroglide" as a racing team? I'll be that'd get a ton of laughs at the track. ;)

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
This could be interesting. Quatararo is challenging Marc right now and will have the factory Yamaha next year (with improvements, as well). He should have little problem dealing with Alex, and I wonder how that'll impact the Marquez Brothers psychology. If Alex plays wingman to Marc, he may get beat up pretty good. More likely Alex will have a steep learning curve and will have a few "unforced errors" to contend with before he can keep up at the sharp end.

·
Registered
15 Posts
A smart move I will say; Only if we can see pure racing from everyone and not stupid Formula 1 kind of tactics.

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts

LOL I wonder, was the testicular measurement done by hand? Weight? Maybe a pair of digital calipers? Did they have a 3rd party to determine that, or....? :)
Clearly they used an Orchidometer. :laugh: It was the instrument referenced by prosecutors in the Barry Bonds steroid trial. Google it.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=What+intrsument+was+used+to+measure+ball+size+in+the+Barry+Bonds+steroid+trial?

·
Registered
3,615 Posts

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Alex won't be beating Marc any time soon. He'll have a very steep learning curve. I suspect his first year will contain much in the way of hard lessons. If he's smart, he'll play it cool and get a feel for not only the bike, but the class he's racing in. I'm sure there are a lot of frustrated top guns in the MotoGP class who'd love to take it to a Marquez, even if his name is Alex.

:)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts