BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
@Motomillion do you know if the neck of the racing line titanium muffler works with an evolution header and midpipe? Just in case I get rich enough one day for 1k 5ish pounds of weight savings ya know :(

·
Vendor
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
@Motomillion do you know if the neck of the racing line titanium muffler works with an evolution header and midpipe? Just in case I get rich enough one day for 1k 5ish pounds of weight savings ya know :(
Yes it does, the dimentions are the same. The Racing Line muffler and the Evolution line mufflers are identical.

Shoot me a PM if you haven't ordered an exhaust yet, we always look after the forum members by getting them some good deals ;)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Nah I'm good for now until I'm richer :( I've got to pay off the Ilmberger belly pan I ordered from you first :p

·
Vendor
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
that's Kalifornia
Yes sir. Only to be used for off-road competition though. We will send you a disclaimer and a letter to sign before the item ships out.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I don't know if it's luck that will run out soon or the officers I run across, but I have never been pulled over on my s1k for anything especially with the akrapovic racing system. The baffle is out and I've even road side by side with a couple dozen patrol cars and bikes from CHP to the average city officer. I guess as long as the user isn't revbombing the crap out of the bike and keeping the rpms down in necessary circumstances it seems to be ok with the cops under normal conditions :/. I'm not a lawyer so I'd have to disclaim: not to take my words for granted.

Reactions: gmten

·
Registered
898 Posts
I don't know if it's luck that will run out soon or the officers I run across, but I have never been pulled over on my s1k for anything especially with the akrapovic racing system. The baffle is out and I've even road side by side with a couple dozen patrol cars and bikes from CHP to the average city officer. I guess as long as the user isn't revbombing the crap out of the bike and keeping the rpms down in necessary circumstances it seems to be ok with the cops under normal conditions :/. I'm not a lawyer so I'd have to disclaim: not to take my words for granted.
Same here in AU. They don't care too much about loud exhausts, but if you're caught speeding they will pwn you.

·
Premium Member
740 Posts

Oh man, you removed the baffle, too :) I put the akra racing, as well and it screams and roars even with the baffle in. I removed it just one time and revved a bit and my neighbors walked over to “request” me to turn it down. This is really how the bike should have come stock - angry and violent with an akra full system on it

·
Vendor
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
21 - 34 of 34 Posts