BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Akrapovic HP link pipe installed...thanks hna2195 for the fast shipping! Next is Cyclops LED headlights, Sprint P08 filter, and Stage 3 tune from Brentuning!
You are very welcome. it does look good.

May I suggest these for Headlight bulb, they are very bright and you can see them on 650ib video in one of his build.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M07CQYX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1
I got these from eBay instead of drilling in the dust cap, that way you do not have to worry about the bulb been centered.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hard-Plastic-LED-Headlight-Dust-Seal-Cover-Cap-BMW-S1000RR-S1000R-HP4/312684615933?hash=item48cd7498fd:g:7QMAAOSwkQddHRPn
there is one thing I ran into, in the round light housing I had to remove the black plastic housing on the bulb wire and connect it directly to the bulb, put an electric tape just in case.

Good luck.

·
Registered
892 Posts
unless you have your heart set on the Sprint 08 filter, do a search here first, lots of us had problems with dust/pollen, and have thrown them out.

·
Registered
21 Posts
What do you suggest instead? I have only heard of problems when installed incorrectly. Not fully sealed, edges not fully in place, or locks on bottom of airbox not in place.

·
Registered
892 Posts
What do you suggest instead? I have only heard of problems when installed incorrectly. Not fully sealed, edges not fully in place, or locks on bottom of airbox not in place.
I had mine installed correctly, I checked it enough times, yet it still let pollen/dust through. Not an issue if the bike is being raced I guess.

I fitted a K&N instead, as I cant afford to buy a new oem filter every year or so.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Akrapovic HP link pipe installed...thanks hna2195 for the fast shipping! Next is Cyclops LED headlights, Sprint P08 filter, and Stage 3 tune from Brentuning!
Hello, i just bought the hp4 akrapovic titanium exhaust slip-on which was fitted on a 2014 hp4. I own a 2012 s1000rr and i need to know what midpipe i can use to fit this hp4 exhaust slip-on on my s1000rr. My headers are the stock ones btw. Any help will be much appreciated

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm not sure the HP mid pipe will fit your factory headers on a 2012 S1000RR. If you measure I can check but I believe your headers are a different size than the HP4.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm not sure the HP mid pipe will fit your factory headers on a 2012 S1000RR. If you measure I can check but I believe your headers are a different size than the HP4.
Yes i believe the same as the akrapovic slip on and mid pipe i had were 61mm where as the hp4 akrapovic slip-on i bought is 65mm. So it seems my only solution is to make a custom mid-pipe to connect the stock s1000rr headers to the hp4 exhaust

1 - 13 of 13 Posts