BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Install Question:

- When you remove the header and actuators, do you have to put a servo buddy on it in order to prevent a dash warning (like you do when removing the flap valve in the back of the 15-16 models)?

Dayum that sounds SWEET.

·
Vendor
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Install Question:

- When you remove the header and actuators, do you have to put a servo buddy on it in order to prevent a dash warning (like you do when removing the flap valve in the back of the 15-16 models)?

Dayum that sounds SWEET.
You don't "need" the servo buddy. All you got to do is to remove the cables from the oem servos and you will be set. If you want to save weight, you can put servo buddies instead. (will need 2). Also the rear servo is a tough one to get to, using a servo buddy makes it much easier to put back once you remove the oem servo.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Yes, I took the rear one off and used a Servo Buddy; it was a pain in the ass. You mean you'll need two more for the FRONT if you chose that route?

Thanks!

·
Vendor
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Yes, I took the rear one off and used a Servo Buddy; it was a pain in the ass. You mean you'll need two more for the FRONT if you chose that route?

Thanks!
No two in total. One for the front servo one for the rear servo.

If you've taken care of your rear servo, just one would be sufficient to remove the front servo completely.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I read the rest of this thread but didn't see any info, I have the SLIP-ON for this but planned to add on titanium headers later to get rid of the gross CAT. Buying just the headers to pair with the slip on should be a perfect match??

·
Registered
776 Posts
I read the rest of this thread but didn't see any info, I have the SLIP-ON for this but planned to add on titanium headers later to get rid of the gross CAT. Buying just the headers to pair with the slip on should be a perfect match??
If you have a 17, yes. If you have a 15-16, no.

·
Vendor
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
If you have a 17, yes. If you have a 15-16, no.
He already has the slip one meaning it must be a 17-18 to being with ;)

The full system fits 15-18.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Does the extra pipe that goes to the can on the 17+ does anything? Like loose a little power?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Does the extra pipe that goes to the can on the 17+ does anything? Like loose a little power?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It doesn't effect much in positive or negative way.

Here is the reasoning of the secondary pipe:

They utilize the can from the gp slip on. Akrapovic had a big challenge to be able to supply enough slip ons to fit the new EU4 emission complaint bike. This is why the full system utilizes that slip-on so that they can have enough of both products to meet demand. They say there is no advantage or disadvantage on performance.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts