BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Vendor
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Well your prayers have been answered. As Motomillion we are excited to announce the Akrapovic GP Full Exhuast systems for the 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 S1000RR! Available as a full titanium system or a stainless steel system with titanium muffler. Currently as a full system these are only available through www.motomillion.com!

Akrapovic needs little to no introduction, but in case you have never heard of them, they pretty much make the best exhaust systems on this planet. They are not just about peak power, but they improve vastly on the mid range and low end power as well. The products they make are so nice that, they would feel just at home on display at a modern art museum as well as on your motorcycle.

Available to purchase through www.motomillion.com which is an authorized Akrapovic dealer in USA. Meaning the product you purchase will have a valid Akrapovic manufacturers warranty, and will be backed by our unrivaled customer service and customer support!

Will it fit my S1000RR?
- These full systems will fit all 2015 to 2018 S1000RR models.

Do I need to remap the bike?
- No it is not required, but for optimal performance we recommend getting a Rapidbike EVO fuel controller module.

How much?
- The Akrapovic Shorty GP Full Titanium Exhaust System is ONLY $2296.71 USD
- The Akrapovic Shorty GP Stainless Steel Full Exhaust System is ONLY $1586.95 USD
- Shipping as always is fast and free within USA!
- Quick and affordable shipping for international customers.

How long till I receive my product?
- Only 1-5 Business days! (in USA)
- International delivery varies by location. Usually no more than 10 days.

How do I purchase?
- Purchase directly from our website using the following links:
- The Akrapovic Shorty GP Full Titanium Exhaust System : https://www.motomillion.com/product...titanium-exhaust-for-bmw-s1000rr-2015-to-2018
- The Akrapovic Shorty GP Stainless Steel Full Exhaust System : https://www.motomillion.com/products/akrapovic-shorty-gp-full-exhaust-for-bmw-s1000rr-2015-to-2018

More pictures of the full system and also videos to be released late next week!

Do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions!...​

·
Registered
776 Posts
Crap...and I just replaced a full size can this week uggh! Or, are these just for FULL systems not can only...?

I REALLY wish they'd make a shorty can for 15-16s! Why they skipped 15-16 models for a GP can eludes me..

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
Nice system - quick question: what's the purpose of this second small tube underneath there?

·
Registered
144 Posts
From what I hear, the 2017 ECU does not adapt properly to a full system and you get a big loss in the mid-range. I'd say the Rapidbike EVO is a mandatory purchase. And if I could get away with siphoning my joint account without my eagle eyed CFO noticing, I'd buy both in a heart beat.

·
Vendor
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
From what I hear, the 2017 ECU does not adapt properly to a full system and you get a big loss in the mid-range. I'd say the Rapidbike EVO is a mandatory purchase. And if I could get away with siphoning my joint account without my eagle eyed CFO noticing, I'd buy both in a heart beat.
I'd ask for dyno graphs to support this theory. Yes, ideally a Rapidbike EVO should be purchased, but it isn't a must do, can be done after if the budget is tight.

Crap...and I just replaced a full size can this week uggh! Or, are these just for FULL systems not can only...?

I REALLY wish they'd make a shorty can for 15-16s! Why they skipped 15-16 models for a GP can eludes me..
Longer cans are said to make more power. Now they have the long cans that fits the 2017-2018 along with the GP can, also on top of it, with this full system 2015-2016 owners can have the short can as well/

Nice system - quick question: what's the purpose of this second small tube underneath there?
Compatibility with the stock '17 and other '17 end cans... I would assume.

@tclewis573 is right. They utlize the can from the gp slip on. Akrapovic had a big challenge to be able to supply enough slip ons to fit the new EU4 emission complaint bike. This is why the full system utilizes that slip-on so that they can have enough of both products to meet demand. They say there is no advantage or disadvantage on performance.

Look out for a video of how this full system sounds by next week from us.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Still curious about that second, smaller, pipe in the '17 exhaust. Its function hasn't really be explained. Just curious...

·
Vendor
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Still curious about that second, smaller, pipe in the '17 exhaust. Its function hasn't really be explained. Just curious...
Read the posts above. I just quoted them below once again.

@tclewis573 is right. They utlize the can from the gp slip on. Akrapovic had a big challenge to be able to supply enough slip ons to fit the new EU4 emission complaint bike. This is why the full system utilizes that slip-on so that they can have enough of both products to meet demand. They say there is no advantage or disadvantage on performance.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Read the posts above. I just quoted them below once again.

Yes...I read that the first time, but it doesn't say "why" that second pipe is there. Compatibility with the physical structure aside, that pipe "does" something and that's the thing I was trying to figure out.

·
Vendor
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes...I read that the first time, but it doesn't say "why" that second pipe is there. Compatibility with the physical structure aside, that pipe "does" something and that's the thing I was trying to figure out.
I don't think there is any better explanations of what we have already written in this thread, and we don't want to get into a philosophical conversation of "what is doing something"...

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
I don't think there is any better explanations of what we have already written in this thread, and we don't want to get into a philosophical conversation of "what is doing something"...
I apologize. It wasn't my intent to create an issue. I was simply curious why BMW engineered the system with two pipes, as it is a first for them, as far as I know. Have a nice day.

·
Vendor
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I apologize. It wasn't my intent to create an issue. I was simply curious why BMW engineered the system with two pipes, as it is a first for them. Have a nice day.
You aren't creating an issue at all, but we can't understand the question maybe... BMW created the two pipe system to accommodate the EU4 emissions standard. The larger hole has a valve on it, while the smaller one doesn't. This was done so that the 2017's and 2018's can meet the sound and emissions standards that came along with EU4 rules :)

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
You aren't creating an issue at all, but we can't understand the question maybe... BMW created the two pipe system to accommodate the EU4 emissions standard. The larger hole has a valve on it, while the smaller one doesn't. This was done so that the 2017's and 2018's can meet the sound and emissions standards that came along with EU4 rules :)
Thank you for the explanation. It's interesting, because the other manufacturers have managed to accommodate Euro 4 without resorting to unusual pipe configurations. Because of that, I wondered if perhaps BMW had another reason for doing so.

We can put this to rest now...

·
Vendor
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thank you for the explanation. It's interesting, because the other manufacturers have managed to accommodate Euro 4 without resorting to unusual pipe configurations. Because of that, I wondered if perhaps BMW had another reason for doing so.

We can put this to rest now...
Not all did. Ducati Panigale for example doesn't comply, but they are exempt for X amount of years because their production numbers are really low. And also if you look at the EU model, their exhaust are completely different than the USA spec ones. There is a whole formula of how many bikes you produce and etc...

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
Well, yeah, not really an answer to my question because I asked WHY there is a SECOND pipe which means "what is the purpose of the second pipe there since all exhaust in the past normally are having only 1 pipe" :wink2:
Yes Akra makes 2 tube link pipe to be compatible but sitll I don't know WHY there is actually a second pipe underneath.

The larger hole has a valve on it, while the smaller one doesn't. This was done so that the 2017's and 2018's can meet the sound and emissions standards that came along with EU4 rules :)
THIS here is the actual an answer to my question, - that makes sense NOW - well done, wasn't so difficult or does it hurts to give these information away after you have a go about why WHY is a philosophical questions >:)
I should have asked: What is the purpose of any of these 2 tubes and why are even in the new Akra Full System still these 2 tubes ????????????????????????

1) I actually don't know that there is a valve in one of these pipes - sorry for not knowing every detail of every 2009-2017 BMW :surprise:
2) Also it's a NEW feature for me to put back the OEM can with the same 2 pipes - also I'm not aware of this.
3) Thanks for this valuable information and sorry that 2 folks are asking and wondering the same thing about that second pipe.

Wow, difficult topic here about 2 small tubes and a simple WHY :nerd:
I better stick to answering questions than to ask since some folks here are getting seriously affected if someone don't understand or isn't satisfied with the answer.

By the way, it doesn't make ANY sense to answer the same question with the same answer again :nerd:

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
I'm with you - I asked WHY there is a second pipe - OH what I have done 0:) But now we know right ...

1 - 20 of 52 Posts