BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Agree. Perhaps what they mean by "BMW accessory Akra silencer" is that it is the standard Akra silencer (can) that is made for the 2019 s1000rr.
Just need MotoMillion to confirm if this is indeed correct or not. Otherwise this has spoiled my plan :frown2:

Reactions: stefanus

·
Registered
12 Posts
Can someone describe the note difference between the shorty and the evolution please? Planning to go full system. The GP can looks a little too short and fat for me, the evolution seems to look nicer on the bike. The GP i feel sounds alot meaner though.

·
Banned
3,711 Posts
I have both. The EVO is alot quieter but alot based on it exits behind the rider. The MotoGP is just loud. Not sure the word meaner makes it a better sound, but it is loud. I like the cleaner lines of the MotoGP can so it is on there now.

You can have your cake and eat it too however. I was told that putting the MotoGP can on the EVO headers was too difficult to try. I had got the EVO back in June 2019 when I got my bike and the MotoGP was not even yet available. Shortly after its release they only wanted to sell the headers with the MotoGP can. I now know why, but, I made the fix.

I ordered the complete MotoGP package since they ( resellers ) insisted I needed to replace my headers. Upon getting the MotoGP can and headers, I see the difference now. Having that my EVO headers were still on the bike, I proceeded to make an adapter to go from the EVO headers to the MotoGP can. Very simple adapter I modified from a car exhaust. Then my own spacer at the mounting point. It was on and looked great. The benefit to this is that I can now put the EVO muffler right back on there for tracks that have a DB limit, and run the MotoGP can on the street and make alot of noise.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts