BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
Nice video, and really nice sound from the Akra. It'd be really nice if someone with access to all the different exhausts, and a really decent mic, could do a sound comparison video. It would make it so much easier to pick an exhaust.

·
Registered
3,704 Posts
Nice video, and really nice sound from the Akra. It'd be really nice if someone with access to all the different exhausts, and a really decent mic, could do a sound comparison video. It would make it so much easier to pick an exhaust.
Agreed. As mentioned before (by Elk I think?) shitty little i-phone mics don't capture sound very well at all, and everyone's different, so it;s hard to tell what anything really sounds like in these types of recordings.

Me, I'm not going to pick an exhaust based on sound like some people do, I base it on brand/build quality, then any hp gains, then how well I think it integrates into the lines of the bike, then cost. That's why I was sold on the looks of the Yosh R-55 LE slip-on, because I loved the angular shape and thought it looked the best in complementing the angular lines of the 'RR. I realized with a slip-on hp gains would be minimal at best regardless of brand, so it really came down to the other criteria.

As always, to each their own....

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
Yeah, you have to hear and see them in person. I can vouch for the quality of akrapovic full system - the build quality and sound are top notch. It also makes the bike feel a lot lighter (esp. if you have the 2017rr) and breathe easier (with the sprint filter). I doubt any slipon comes close to how good the full exhaust sounds.

Looks are definitely subjective and some of them look very nice. Just another tradeoff to make I guess. Personally, I lean towards higher performance and quality and akrapovic full system was a no-brainer for me.

·
Registered
3,704 Posts
Yeah, you have to hear and see them in person. I can vouch for the quality of akrapovic full system - the build quality and sound are top notch. It also makes the bike feel a lot lighter (esp. if you have the 2017rr) and breathe easier (with the sprint filter). I doubt any slipon comes close to how good the full exhaust sounds.

Looks are definitely subjective and some of them look very nice. Just another tradeoff to make I guess. Personally, I lean towards higher performance and quality and akrapovic full system was a no-brainer for me.
Akra makes beautiful stuff, no doubt. I looked at that at first, but the Yosh had equal fit and finish, was 1/2 the price, was smaller and weighed less, plus I liked the looks better, so, it was a no brainer for me....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts