BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Time for another question !

I wonder if it possible to fit the Akrapovic steel headers with the SC-Project CR-T exhaust. Simple as that.
I send some mails to both SC and Akra, and they said that they didn't know for sure, but the CR-T fits the OEM headers, and the akra headers fits the OEM exhaust. Should be good nah ?
My only concern would be with the link pipe from Akra. Seems a bit too long to me...

I've heard some time ago that you could make a custom link pipe for these, but I can't find the post again.

What do you guys think ? If anyone managed to do it, or with any stainless steel headers, some tips would be appreciated.

Thanks !

·
Administrator
6,686 Posts
Have you informed your neighbours of your plan? This will be LOUD. Yes it has been done more than a few times.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you informed your neighbours of your plan? This will be LOUD. Yes it has been done more than a few times.
Don't worry for them ^^
So do you confirm that it is indeed possible without any modifications ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
if the crt can be fitted as slip on, it will fit on akra exhaust, i have done akra header with standard can.
but if you want 100% answer maybe other members have exact experience.

·
Registered
261 Posts
If you want to fit a CRT to akra headers, you need to purchase the HP4 or general 65mm inlet version, along with their carbon clamp and hanger that attaches in place of the passenger peg. The model made to slip on to the stock headers will not work as it's inlet/outlet are different size/not 65mm.

Hi guys,

I wonder if it possible to fit the Akrapovic steel headers with the SC-Project CR-T exhaust. Simple as that.
I send some mails to both SC and Akra, and they said that they didn't know for sure, but the CR-T fits the OEM headers, and the akra headers fits the OEM exhaust. Should be good nah ?
My only concern would be with the link pipe from Akra. Seems a bit too long to me...

I've heard some time ago that you could make a custom link pipe for these, but I can't find the post again.

What do you guys think ? If anyone managed to do it, or with any stainless steel headers, some tips would be appreciated.

Thanks !

View attachment 211195

View attachment 211194

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
if the crt can be fitted as slip on, it will fit on akra exhaust, i have done akra header with standard can.
but if you want 100% answer maybe other members have exact experience.
Yeah, it should fit either way, but the akra headers' mid pipe is longer than the original one, so the CR-T can won't be attached I think. I've found this picture of someone here that sold one, titanium akra headers with the CR-T can, and as you can see on the picture it has been obviously cut on the mid pipe section to make it fit.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you want to fit a CRT to akra headers, you need to purchase the HP4 or general 65mm inlet version, along with their carbon clamp and hanger that attaches in place of the passenger peg. The model made to slip on to the stock headers will not work as it's inlet/outlet are different size/not 65mm.

Thanks for your answer, haven't thought of this ! Will give it a look :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I even asked the motomillion staff how they managed to make a custom full system exhaust with the S1 muffler and the akra headers, and they answered that you need to "mount the muffler and mark the mid pipe". So I guess that means that I'll have to properly cut the mid pipe section so that the CR-T comes at its place.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yeah, it should fit either way, but the akra headers' mid pipe is longer than the original one, so the CR-T can won't be attached I think. I've found this picture of someone here that sold one, titanium akra headers with the CR-T can, and as you can see on the picture it has been obviously cut on the mid pipe section to make it fit.
View attachment 211241
I realize that i was wrong after knowing the year, what i meant is for K67

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi guys,

Thanks !

View attachment 211195

View attachment 211194
I used a Taylor exhaust with a graves muffler worked out well You might need some adapters off the collector

1 - 14 of 14 Posts