BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm looking for a slip on of my 2020 s1000rr, yes, I know it's boring, but I still wanna choose a louder one, is there any suggestion?

·
Registered
2021 s1000rr
124 Posts
Headers.. headers... even with stock can and headers its LOUD. I might be selling my sc project gp can. Its almost too loud. Headers were less than my can. And take no time at all.

·
Registered
16 Posts
View attachment 214600 View attachment 214601 Hi guys, I'm looking for a slip on of my 2020 s1000rr, yes, I know it's boring, but I still wanna choose a louder one, is there any suggestion?
I just went through this on my 2020. I first got the Akra shorty GP "muffler" and installed with the stock headers and cat. It got a bit louder but not $700 louder. I then did the full Akra titanium header set and then with the GP Akra shorty muffler it was reaaaaaal loud. Too loud in my view for the street so I got the longer Akra carbon fiber exhaust and that appears to be the sweet spot for the street. I had lots of popping and burbles on the decel with the akra GP and new headers and it was horrendously loud. The current setup is perfect in my view with the longer Akra can. Good luck but I'd suggest hearing someone's bike before shelling out upwards on $850 for the Akra GP short can.

·
5,004 Posts
Header and stock can + flash. Good sound and power.
Looks and sound of slipons, SC is great.

Reactions: Littlebitoquickness

·
Registered
2021 s1000rr
124 Posts
Totally agree with you z00. That's kinda why I'm thinking of letting go of my sc project gp can.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I just went through this on my 2020. I first got the Akra shorty GP "muffler" and installed with the stock headers and cat. It got a bit louder but not $700 louder. I then did the full Akra titanium header set and then with the GP Akra shorty muffler it was reaaaaaal loud. Too loud in my view for the street so I got the longer Akra carbon fiber exhaust and that appears to be the sweet spot for the street. I had lots of popping and burbles on the decel with the akra GP and new headers and it was horrendously loud. The current setup is perfect in my view with the longer Akra can. Good luck but I'd suggest hearing someone's bike before shelling out upwards on $850 for the Akra GP short can.
I went through the same experience.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts