BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2017 rr
236 Posts
I feel like they had their moment from 2000-2010 it seemed like. Every gixxer had one.
Yes, their designs are getting... Dated I feel, but the tech is still solid. I converted from an acro shorty to a yoshi 77, which doesn't look nearly as nice I must admit. When I'm cruising up through the hills though I can't even see it, but I sure as hell can enjoy the muted sound of it. I always like to ride in a gear or two lower than what a lot of riders do, it gives me the power when I need it and the bike likes it at around 4 and 5 grand, little or no vibration there. But that's pretty high revs for negotiating suburbs and even country roads with all the farm houses, so I like to be as quiet as practical.

·
Registered
2021 s1000rr
295 Posts
Do you have a sound clip? The one I have heard it sounds semi hollow? And I’m not on Reddit track days. I am just getting back into sportbikes after 9 years. This is like being a newborn deer….
No sound clip.. im not sure how I'd manage that. I'll give it some thought. Reddit r/trackdays is a decent thing. Check it out.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
That does look good. Yeah I wish the akra mounted to the rear set area. I thank you guys for all the input. I ordered the SS Akra with Titanium can last night 😀

·
Registered
395 Posts
The bike seems to have a good tone with a header and the stock can. Man you can tell I’m getting ready old.
It's not about being old - hearing loss can happen in your 20s. Running a full exhaust with shortie can is a great way to do it. Earplugs certainly help but that's only ~20 dB reduction. Idiots say it isn't "manly" but they will pay the price! Hearing loss is forever.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I think the bike was actually designed to be run WITHOUT the CAT.
Huh? The bike is tuned for a cat, not sure what your point is

The CAT is for emissions.
Hey, no sh*t genius.

I get the ugly factor, but I hate riding behind someone and breathing their untreated exhaust.

I have always felt they handle much better without the stock exhaust but that could be the placebo effect
It's placebo effect, 12-15 lbs isn't going to have a significant impact on handling.

44Teeth recently tested a slip on (only) and picked up a couple of hp

·
Registered
109 Posts
Dunno if you guys are having the same supply issues with full Ti systems as we are here in the UK. In July I was quoted Oct/Nov at the earliest from Akro, Arrow etc resellers here in the UK and similar timescales direct from Italy..

I don't do waiting very well and bought his direct from the Manufacturer in Australia after a couple of very encouraging emails between myself and the MD.. the welds are exceptional as was the fit.. I ordered it Tuesay AM it arrived at my office in Scotland in 3 days almost to the hour.. must be a record that.. Great ongoing communication too. The weight inc can is 5.2kg, OE circa 10.7kg.. Nice bit of kit I think..

Their Ducati systems are works of art

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 s1000rr
295 Posts
Dunno if you guys are having the same supply issues with full Ti systems as we are here in the UK. In July I was quoted Oct/Nov at the earliest from Akro, Arrow etc resellers here in the UK and similar timescales direct from Italy..

I don't do waiting very well and bought his direct from the Manufacturer in Australia after a couple of very encouraging emails between myself and the MD.. the welds are exceptional as was the fit.. I ordered it Tuesay AM it arrived at my office in Scotland in 3 days almost to the hour.. must be a record that.. Great ongoing communication too. The weight inc can is 5.2kg, OE circa 10.7kg.. Nice bit of kit I think..

Their Ducati systems are works of art

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
Can you post that website? I want that can. It's awesome.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Not sure. But the Akra slip on is the same can as what comes with the full system. I personally don’t like it, but to each is own. Also Akra doesn’t list a full carbon system for the k67 on their site anymore. So I’m wondering if they are phasing it out for now.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I went with akra headers. Not by choice but I was going to buy the arrow but it wasn’t in stock. Using it with my stock can and it’s pretty quiet until you get into the higher rpms. Waiting for one of the m1000rr owners to sell off their stock can. 😝

·
Registered
2021 s1000rr
295 Posts
I went with akra headers. Not by choice but I was going to buy the arrow but it wasn’t in stock. Using it with my stock can and it’s pretty quiet until you get into the higher rpms. Waiting for one of the m1000rr owners to sell off their stock can. 😝
You want loud I have an sc project for a good price. Like new, flawless in original box.

Attachments

21 - 34 of 34 Posts