BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am torn. Not sure if I want a full akra system or Arrow headers with an Akra slip on. One with the Arrow headers I could still use the stock can and two the Akra slip on looks a tad different from the full system can. Has anyone ever tried this set up? Heard both?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That may be true, but I’m not really doing this for power. Just some noise, weight savings, and looks. That cat and collector is hideous lol

·
Registered
2017 rr
236 Posts
Akra is overrated in my view. The have the 'name' hence the bragging rights and everyone puts them at the top of the list, but at the end of the day many other brands are just as good, and some might be better for certain outcomes. One thing I wonder about though is how all this reduced weight affects the bikes overall handling? Sure in the corners... but the bike was engineered to have a certain weight distribution. I would love to hear some input on the issue from the engineering team that built them, to balance all the blurb from the aftermarket industry and the Dyno boys making big bucks with the conversions.

One thing I agree totally on though. The cat does look hideous and has to go :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
58 Posts
So having just put the full Ti Arrow EVO Low Mount on my M-package…it is LOUD. At the track, it’s awesome but hurts north of 11k - which happens a lot! That said, I wouldn’t go back to stock and can’t imagine anything else at this point. Plus, the Ti has burned in quite nicely.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Akra is overrated in my view. The have the 'name' hence the bragging rights and everyone puts them at the top of the list, but at the end of the day many other brands are just as good, and some might be better for certain outcomes. One thing I wonder about though is how all this reduced weight affects the bikes overall handling? Sure in the corners... but the bike was engineered to have a certain weight distribution. I would love to hear some input on the issue from the engineering team that built them, to balance all the blurb from the aftermarket industry and the Dyno boys making big bucks with the conversions.

One thing I agree totally on though. The cat does look hideous and has to go :ROFLMAO:
Yes and No on the engineering thing. I think the bike was actually designed to be run WITHOUT the CAT. The CAT is for emissions. 90% of the owners swap out for full system and BMW knows that which I am sure plays a major factor in the design and where the added weight will make the least difference. I have always felt they handle much better without the stock exhaust but that could be the placebo effect to justify the $2k :D
I have disagree on the Akra, they have the best quality on the market and in the scheme of things its priced well. I love the looks of the Arrow low though, but the added noise is unnecessary especially for the attention on the street. The rest of the Arrow line doesn't do it for me on the looks part.
SC Project makes some nice systems as well.

·
Registered
2017 rr
236 Posts
I have always felt they handle much better without the stock exhaust but that could be the placebo effect to justify the $2k :D
I have disagree on the Akra, they have the best quality on the market and in the scheme of things its priced well. Arrow... SC Project...
I agree, the stock exhaust can always be improved on, but let's not forget this brand either

·
Registered
2021 s1000rr
295 Posts
I run the Arrow headers an an SC can at the track. Akra fan boys will always say it's the best. But in real world applications there is no reasonable difference other than the price. Both have beautiful welds. Both sound amazing and Both will save you a grip of weight.
My advice save the extra cash spend it on rider improvement. YCRS and CSS are not cheap.. but worth every penny.
Are you on reddit? In trackdays?

·
Registered
2021 s1000rr
295 Posts
Exactly! Lol. The bike seems to have a good tone with a header and the stock can. Man you can tell I’m getting ready old.
I run the stock can most every day. The sc can comes out for the track. It sounds awesome with headers and stock can.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I run the stock can most every day. The sc can comes out for the track. It sounds awesome with headers and stock can.
Do you have a sound clip? The one I have heard it sounds semi hollow? And I’m not on Reddit track days. I am just getting back into sportbikes after 9 years. This is like being a newborn deer….

1 - 20 of 34 Posts