BMW S1000RR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Anyone have any MWR WSBK dyno data...Bueller?

-bl

·
Registered
34 Posts
Anyone have any MWR WSBK dyno data...Bueller?

-bl
Well, I honestly don't recall which MWR filter I had when I tested over a year ago, but as I had already posted I did test an MWR filter. I just went to their website and based on the pictures there it looks like I had the Race Version BMW Filter... not sure if that's the same as the WSBK filter your talking about. Either way it didn't outperform the Stock or Sprint filter... It also got bonus points for being remarkably hard to install (for an air filter), combined with being incredibly greasy/messy.

Not trying to knock them, just trying to answer your question.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Personally, I like the non-oiled/grease filters as they are far less maintenance... Whether it be just sticking with stock or going with Sprint. Just my two pennies.

·
Vendor
1,074 Posts
We tested BMC road filter against Sprint filter P08 on a 2013 BMW HP4 in my friend’s dyno shop “Dynolimits” in Bahrain within few minutes apart.

The bike’s engine is stock but the bike has mid pipe (Cat delete pipe) and was running on 91 octane fuel.

First we tested the BMW HP4 with BMC fitler but with no tune and it managed 186.3rwhp and then we just added a Sprint filter P08 and the power jumped to 189.6rwhp! !! And then Brentuning from USA reflashed and custom tuned the bike for that setup and the power jumped to 193.8rwhp.

Always bringing the knowledge and data!!!!

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Well, I honestly don't recall which MWR filter I had when I tested over a year ago, but as I had already posted I did test an MWR filter. I just went to their website and based on the pictures there it looks like I had the Race Version BMW Filter... not sure if that's the same as the WSBK filter your talking about. Either way it didn't outperform the Stock or Sprint filter... It also got bonus points for being remarkably hard to install (for an air filter), combined with being incredibly greasy/messy.

Not trying to knock them, just trying to answer your question.
No worries.You're not knocking anyone if you have accurate data.

The Race is not the same. The WSBK filter is a completely different design.

The hunt for data continues....then once we get it, we must validate it.

-bl

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
We do not like data. It it gets in the way of retaining unfounded bias, prejudice and misconceptions.
Data is a tricky thing...just because you have it, what makes it right?

Have data, and then be able to talk about how the data was vetted.

Unvalidated data is called an opinion, no matter how fancy it's made to look.

-bl

·
Registered
34 Posts
No worries.You're not knocking anyone if you have accurate data.

The Race is not the same. The WSBK filter is a completely different design.

The hunt for data continues....then once we get it, we must validate it.

-bl
Ok, well after I went to there website this morning I was pretty sure it was the Race one I tested.

Good luck with the hunt!

·
Registered
88 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,437 Posts
For those that were waiting on Sprint Filters to arrive, we got a shipment in earlier this week. The P08's were in such high demand we are already sold out once again, but we do have a large order coming in 2-3 weeks.

For those looking for the P16 Race version, we still have a few of those available: https://www.brocksperformance.com/Sprint-Filter-P16-BMW-S1000RR-0915+I402314+C398.aspx

Thanks and ride safe this weekend!
Besides increased cost, what quantitative benefit can be expected, specifically? Between the various Sprint models, I meant.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Besides increased cost, what quantitative benefit can be expected, specifically? Between the various Sprint models, I meant.
The P8 is a stock replacement filter and maybe good for a couple more hp on the top end power. It will also filter as good or better than the OEM filter.

The P16 filter is a RACE filter and will net you a few more hp on the top end but the filtration is not as good as the stock filter or the P8. Track day only.... Same goes for the MWR superbike filters too!

Remember that no performance filter will give you a notable increase in power under 8000-9000RPM over a stock clean filter....The air flow pull ( vacuum differential ) thru the airbox isn't strong enough to take advantage of the less restrictive filter material. IMHO... if you don't do track days then just use the stock filter.

·
Registered
852 Posts
The P8 is a stock replacement filter and maybe good for a couple more hp on the top end power. It will also filter as good or better than the OEM filter.

The P16 filter is a RACE filter and will net you a few more hp on the top end but the filtration is not as good as the stock filter or the P8. Track day only.... Same goes for the MWR superbike filters too!

Remember that no performance filter will give you a notable increase in power under 8000-9000RPM over a stock clean filter....The air flow pull ( vacuum differential ) thru the airbox isn't strong enough to take advantage of the less restrictive filter material. IMHO... if you don't do track days then just use the stock filter.
I quote this from Sprint Worldwide Marketing & Sales Director "P16 filter has double airflow half filtration power over their P08 filter"

The increase over standard airfilter started from as low as 6500rpm when tested on 2015 S1000RR with no tune and with just full Akra exhaust!!

·
Premium Member
3,437 Posts
I quote this from Sprint Worldwide Marketing & Sales Director "P16 filter has double airflow half filtration power over their P08 filter"

The increase over standard airfilter started from as low as 6500rpm when tested on 2015 S1000RR with no tune and with just full Akra exhaust!!
Thanks B, appreciate the info. I was wondering if @Milemarker racing had been spending quality time with "Captain" z00, with that response.
:grin2:

All of your testing results that I've seen (with impressive results btw) have come using the P08, if I'm not mistaken, correct?

I probably will only ever run the stock filter. I hardly get to ride as much as I really want to, but if I did change, I most likely would buy a P08. The escalation in cost that begins with their models beyond the P08, don't have me in mind as their target market, for my needs.
>:)

·
Vendor
1,074 Posts
We will have P16 testing coming here in the near future.

·
Vendor
1,074 Posts
We will have P16 testing coming here in the near future.
Made 8WHP over stock :). This was replicated multiple times with 8WHP being the lowest of the gains.

Chris

·
Vendor
1,074 Posts
Which sprint filter did u just send me on my order Chris
P08 the 16 is like $160 or something. Not ideal for a street bike, drag only really, much less filtering than the P08.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I just installed the P08 on my 2015, not looking for more power out of it. I'm going to pull it after the next 4,100 miles and have a look in the airbox, blow it out with air to clean and decide after inspection if it's a keeper.

My airbox was clean when pulled the stock filter, I'll see how it looks after letting the fine Arizona(typically dusty)air breathe through the P08...

I looked the P08 over, it looks a lot like(dare I say)a K&N, but it's clearly oil-free and appears to be constructed very well....

·
Registered
33 Posts
i went ahead and ordered sprint filter , after reading some good reviews and people seem to like it . i like the fact that it does not require frequent oil or cleaning, a blow with air compression is all it needs.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts