BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
I am trying the sprint filter now this season coming from MWR HE, Brentuning advised me to use these. One of the only filters with a small gain over stock.
I bought mine at carpimoto in Italy, very fast delivery (also to USA) and a good price!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I did a test last year with BMC, MWR, K&N (Race & Street), Sprint, OEM, and maybe even another one. As the last poster said, the Sprint came out on top and was the only one that showed a gain over OEM.

That was the P08 material, so I wouldn't be surprised if the Sprint P16 (race version) did better. Either way, Sprint Filter air filters would be my choice if going aftermarket.

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
I did a test last year with BMC, MWR, K&N (Race & Street), Sprint, OEM, and maybe even another one. As the last poster said, the Sprint came out on top and was the only one that showed a gain over OEM.

That was the P08 material, so I wouldn't be surprised if the Sprint P16 (race version) did better. Either way, Sprint Filter air filters would be my choice if going aftermarket.
+1 for Sprint PO8. Even without gain it is a great choice as it is cleaned with compressed air, no messy cleaners and oiling!

·
Registered
852 Posts
what'l do you guys think is the best and why
also high efficiency filter or race filter?
and best place to buy
Sprint would be the best, it's the best performing filter on dyno and on track that we have tested, after upgrading from bmc to sprint filter and with help from Brentune to do custom maps, we saw good gains on 91 pump gas in our region. This filter also doesn't need special annual cleaning process!

You can check my write up about this filter comparing it to stock filter on full exhaust 2015 S1000RR.

http://www.s1000rrforum.com/forum/15-16-rr-tech-performance-chat/158298-new-brentune-stage-1-coming-3.html

The MWR is a good filter but would require a good custom tune to extract power.

·
4,640 Posts
You can buy it from sprocks, brentune a sponsor on here, or carpimoto in italy.

I got mine from Italy and it arrived in 6 days. carpimoto.com

·
Registered
852 Posts
Probably i alone ordered around +15 sprint filters for my friends in this region :grin2:
try your luck on ebay, sometimes you can find them there if Brocks or Brentune don't have them.

·
Vendor
1,069 Posts
Sprint is definitely the best available. We are working on becoming direct vendor for them. They are backordered as of now unfortunately.

Chris

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
I see the comparisons to MWR, but I have the MWR WSBK version.

It's almost a leap of faith to use that version of the MWR filter based on the lack of performance data available.

Anyone have anything to offer?

Thanks,
-bl

·
Registered
26 Posts
Save your money and keep stock. or buy new one if other is dead
Its not the most restrictive part of your bike, if you need power gains you should look out for ecu reflashed and full exhaust those 2 will bring the beast back even stronger

·
Registered
852 Posts

2015 BMW S1000RR
Full Akra Exhaust, no tune, 91 pump gas
Stock filter vs Sprint filter P08

·
Registered
852 Posts
We tested stock filter against Sprint filter P08 on a 2013 BMW HP4 in my friend’s dyno shop “Dynolimits” in Bahrain.

The bike’s engine is stock but the bike has mid pipe (Cat delete pipe) and was running on 91 octane fuel.

First the BMW HP4 with stock airfilter, the bike managed 174rwhp, then we just added a BMW HP Race ecu and the power jumped to 179rwhp. Then we added sprint filter and the power jumped to 187rwhp!!

·
Registered
852 Posts
We tested BMC road filter against Sprint filter P08 on a 2013 BMW HP4 in my friend’s dyno shop “Dynolimits” in Bahrain within few minutes apart.

The bike’s engine is stock but the bike has mid pipe (Cat delete pipe) and was running on 91 octane fuel.

First we tested the BMW HP4 with BMC fitler but with no tune and it managed 186.3rwhp and then we just added a Sprint filter P08 and the power jumped to 189.6rwhp! !! And then Brentuning from USA reflashed and custom tuned the bike for that setup and the power jumped to 193.8rwhp.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Save your money and keep stock. or buy new one if other is dead
Its not the most restrictive part of your bike, if you need power gains you should look out for ecu reflashed and full exhaust those 2 will bring the beast back even stronger
Sorry but your advice comes from where? lab testing, dyno testing or seat of pants power feeling :confused::confused:

1 - 20 of 54 Posts