BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
I just want to know when the hell are they going to release the iphone app for the Solo (that they promised two years ago...)

·
Registered
126 Posts
The 2020 protocol shows connecting to the 12 pin data bus. The SOLO 2 DL kit however lists the plug and play cable that has an 8 pin data bus connector???

·
Registered
45 Posts
The port under the driver seat (I forgot what it is called... is provided by BMW to connect the alarm system) is compatible with the cable provided by AIM.

I believe this is just making the support official. Even before this, my AIM Solo 2 DL worked with the bike using the 2015 protocol.

·
Registered
126 Posts
There is an 8 pin plug and a 12 pin plug under the seat. The 2020 protocol uses the 12 pin plug, the 2015 protocol uses the 8 pin plug. The plug and play cable is for the 8 pin plug. I imagine there is a reason the 2020 uses the 12 pin plug, I could tap into the wires, but would prefer to get a mating 12 min connector

·
Registered
45 Posts
There is an 8 pin plug and a 12 pin plug under the seat. The 2020 protocol uses the 12 pin plug, the 2015 protocol uses the 8 pin plug. The plug and play cable is for the 8 pin plug. I imagine there is a reason the 2020 uses the 12 pin plug, I could tap into the wires, but would prefer to get a mating 12 min connector
What is the 12 pin plug called? I connected the supplied cable with my AIM 2 DL with the DWA connector (8 pin) and AIM 2 DL works with the S1000_2015 protocol selected. From what I am seeing, they are interested in getting the CAN+ CAN- V+ GND lines anyway.

Previous support: https://www.aimtechnologies.com/support/stockecu/BMWS1000RR_103_eng.pdf
K67 support: https://www.aim-sportline.com/download/ecu/stock/bmw/ECU_BMW_S1000RR_MY2020_100_eng.pdf

This is what they are selling as the cable: BMW S1000 RR HP4 Solo 2 DL Cable Only

·
Registered
45 Posts
I am using the 8 pin plug right now with the AIM Solo 2 DL with my 2020 K67

If you read the PDF, you will see that they still just care about the 4 lines (CAN+ CAN- V+ GND)

·
Registered
751 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Do they sell 12 pin cable?

Not that I can see. Seems strange that they would reference the 12 pin connector when they sell a 8 pin cable. Perhaps as Karan mentioned, it does not matter so long as it is getting Can + and Can -. Perhaps the 12 pin configuration has switched power

·
Registered
51 Posts
Please keep us posted. Hopefully this is as simple as they make it seem to be.

I’m currently shopping for a LapTimer right now and was planning on the Solo 2...

·
Registered
751 Posts
AIM support is ****. They can't reply me for 15 business days why AIM Solo DL 2 can read 2D sensor data.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My experience is different. They always response to my emails. The situation in Italy is a bit difficult the last 15 days. I have the same problem with IRC.

·
Registered
751 Posts
My experience is different. They always response to my emails. The situation in Italy is a bit difficult the last 15 days. I have the same problem with IRC.
I'm not allowed to contact Italy office unfortunately as they have UK reseller.

Maybe I should try Italians. Do you have their email ?

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm not allowed to contact Italy office unfortunately as they have UK reseller.

Maybe I should try Italians. Do you have their email ?
As far as I know they have suspended their activities until 3 April but I do not know if this is also for their tech support.
Matteo or Stefano always try their best to help. I am sending you with pm the email.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts