BMW S1000RR Forum banner

AGV Pista GP owners...feedback request

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  HBguy 
#1 ·
Have you guys removed the "biplano" wing thing from the back of the helmet? If so, what was the overall effect?

I dont do enough riding lately to do a few back and forths, and I'm hoping that removing it makes it more street / upright friendly in regards to aerodynamics. As it is, this helmet feels most comfortable in full tuck. As a side effect, i hope it'll make it less noisy at speed also.

#3 ·
Well you are not gonna lose anything if you remove the wing and try. I can you say you won't look as cool at Starbucks with the one piece leathers. AKA no cats calling you.
I hope you are wearing ear plugs with PISTA.

Reactions: Amok
#5 ·
I have the pista rr. But fairly similar. I thought it was way way more comfortable than my arai corsair v. Pulled a lot less at higher speeds (120mph+). I think it is a little noisier. But I think im going to leave it stock for now. As ELK said, no reason not to try it. From looking at it, its just the two bolts? Might as well just take it off and go for a quick spin. Id go for a spin with it on first, hit some higher speeds. Then take it off and immediately go out for another. See if theres a noticeable difference.

#7 ·
On the rare occasions I'm willing to get to freeway speeds, its rare and usually not on a freeway. Agree, earplugs are a must but I was asking only about the aerodynamics and downforce aspect. 99% of my riding is not in tucked position above 100mph. I might as well try it next weekend, and make a trip to San Diego out of it. Seems i need an excuse to ride lately.

I'm curious because its my primary helmet, and I have my Sena hooked up, ut tempted to revwrt to my HJC and maybe buy another Sena...or speakers for them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.