BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2016 S1000RR
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve read through the threads on removing oem grips and keeping the heating elements. Seen the pain that the throttle side provides and the fact that I will need two throttle grips to fit both sides.
I wanted to procrastinate on doing this because it sounds so tedious but my current oem grips are so worn down that it needs to be done.
My question to everyone who has done this is what grips do you use and recommend switching to that will be comfortable? I’m curious if there are some newer grips that I should be looking for.

·
Registered
2016 S1000rr
48 Posts
Progrip dual compound. 717 i think is what I have. Love them and will get another set

·
8,308 Posts
Eazi grip, look on motoD site.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I used Renthals on my 2016. just be super carefull cutting the old ones off. on the clutch side twist the new grip on in the same direction as the wire spiral. Throttle side is a printed circuit. I used some strong hairspray as a lube/glue, no issues.

·
Registered
2016 S1000RR
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I used Renthals on my 2016. just be super carefull cutting the old ones off. on the clutch side twist the new grip on in the same direction as the wire spiral. Throttle side is a printed circuit. I used some strong hairspray as a lube/glue, no issues.
Appreciate the tips! The cutting is definitely the part I’m concerned with!

·
Registered
2016 S1000rr
48 Posts
I used an exacto-knife to cut mine off. It took about 2 min to get the clutch side off and about 30 for the throttle. Use compressed air to blow the new ones on and a little dab of grip glue to hold them one. Heater still works great so no cut wires

1 - 11 of 11 Posts