BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious what the best combination for aftermarket exhaust is for a new 1000RR. Any inputs for a Akrapovic ti header with a Yoshimura Alpha T slip on. Also like the Akra GP muffler butt seems a little loud in some of the videos I seen. haven't been able ot find any videos of the Akra/Yoshi combination.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Drop weight and not have it too loud. Found some with just the Yoshi slip on but not with the headers. Just curious what combination's people were using for it.

·
Registered
511 Posts
You can use the stock can with the Akra headers. Just adding the Akra headers with the stock muffler can sounds great. The Yosh is only 1 lb lighter then the stock can and cost $850, which is more then the whole Akra stainless header! But the Yosh Alfa T is a very nice looking can and might be worth the coin as it is not to long and not to short. The stainless Akra headers will save you 11.5 lbs, with Ti at 14 lb savings compared to stock.

·
Registered
2021 s1000rr
124 Posts
Arrow headers with stock can sound great. With the sc project its too loud.

·
Registered
2021 s1000rr
124 Posts
I like the noise, ppl can hear me in traffic. But its getting old. Kinda want the big can from SC, my brother has a graves on his s1krr and its amazing.

·
Registered
2011 S1000rr
28 Posts
Akrapovic is the way to go. I have the full titanium racing set, but I cut 8 inches from the muffler for a nice sound. It's a bit loud, but not GP can loud. More depth to the sound as well. Ordered a new aluminum sticker that just came in.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Akrapovic is the way to go. I have the full titanium racing set, but I cut 8 inches from the muffler for a nice sound. It's a bit loud, but not GP can loud. More depth to the sound as well. Ordered a new aluminum sticker that just came in.

View attachment 214652
Looks better without a sticker, nice and clean. I hate stickers on the can and plates rivited on. It takes away from the can.

·
Registered
2021 s1000rr
124 Posts
He have a slip on or full system for the Graves.
He has a full system. Its awesome. There are Plenty of Akro fan boys that will go on about how they are the best... im happy for them... I like my Arrow headers, for good reason they make good products but I don't need/want exotic metal. The SS headers i just put on weight like 8-9 lbs. Instead of the boat anchor stock setup. And they are like 250$ less than the Akro. Arrow's Welds are pretty and the overall build quality is top notch. Now I will caution anyone with headers, do a long/full sz can. The GP size is VERY loud, but this makes me snicker the Desmo club I ride with all like the sound of it, most quietly say they like it better than their bologna bullets..

·
Registered
511 Posts
He has a full system. Its awesome. There are Plenty of Akro fan boys that will go on about how they are the best... im happy for them... I like my Arrow headers, for good reason they make good products but I don't need/want exotic metal. The SS headers i just put on weight like 8-9 lbs. Instead of the boat anchor stock setup. And they are like 250$ less than the Akro. Arrow's Welds are pretty and the overall build quality is top notch. Now I will caution anyone with headers, do a long/full sz can. The GP size is VERY loud, but this makes me snicker the Desmo club I ride with all like the sound of it, most quietly say they like it better than their bologna bullets..
What year is his bike? Graves only made a slip on up till 2016? and no full exhaust for these bikes and have nothing for the 2020 up to my knowledge.
Also where can you get an Arrow header for $250 less then Akra?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts