BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Vendor
2,492 Posts
Most people cant get to the dealer fast enough to get rid of that limiter... but yes, you can ride on to 2000KM if you want to. The next best part of getting to 1000KM is getting the break in out of the engine and getting some fresh oil in there. Life of the engine will like you better once you get the break in oil and participles out of there.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Most people cant get to the dealer fast enough to get rid of that limiter... but yes, you can ride on to 2000KM if you want to. The next best part of getting to 1000KM is getting the break in out of the engine and getting some fresh oil in there. Life of the engine will like you better once you get the break in oil and participles out of there.
The fastest I can get to the dealer is Tuesday. This was my concern of the break in oil effecting the life / performance of the engine. It's going to be a beautiful weekend and I'm tempted to go out riding with a few buddies.

·
Vendor
2,492 Posts
Some manufactures have a specific break in oil. I have no knowledge that BMW does, but lets just assume it is the same oil used for break in period as it would be for any other standard oil change. Distance is not the problem in this case. The object to remove the oil and filter is to get rid of manufacturing debris. I dont care how careful an assembly process is, there is always that risk of debris that will flush out with an oil change. So, ride if the weekend is good, put some miles on it and enjoy.. Change it Tuesday and enjoy more with no limiter.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Some manufactures have a specific break in oil. I have no knowledge that BMW does, but lets just assume it is the same oil used for break in period as it would be for any other standard oil change. Distance is not the problem in this case. The object to remove the oil and filter is to get rid of manufacturing debris. I dont care how careful an assembly process is, there is always that risk of debris that will flush out with an oil change. So, ride if the weekend is good, put some miles on it and enjoy.. Change it Tuesday and enjoy more with no limiter.
Thank you so much. I can't get wait for the first service and get rid of this nasty limiter.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I asked the dealer this question when I picked up my bike and they said that you can go past the (600mi/1000km) but just keep an eye on the oil level is all they said. I looked at mine and it didn't move at all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts