BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bike's throttle has developed about 10mm of free play. Does anyone know how to remove it? I know how its done on a Yamaha, but I am confused with BMWs...

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
-loosen the wheel on the cable just after the L-bend
-turn the collar
-after slack has been removed, tighten the wheel
-start engine
-turn handlebars to full lock to the LEFT and check that the RPMs don't rise. If they do, you've tightened too much and need to loosen it a bit

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a lot!!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Thanks, mine came from dealer with slack in it and thought that was just how the bike was. Just adjusted it, much better. Now I can "bleep" the throttle without cranking it.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I removed all the free play from the throttle. I know it doesn't increase the performance, but it does psychologically help me think that my bike responds faster to my command. It however really helps in stop n go traffic!

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
I removed all the free play from the throttle. I know it doesn't increase the performance, but it does psychologically help me think that my bike responds faster to my command. It however really helps in stop n go traffic!
I did too... at the track yesterday... first couple attempts resulted in instant revs once I started it! But I eventually got it dialed in perfectly... careful however, as that wheel has a tendency to jump off the threads if rotated too far.

b

·
Registered
211 Posts
I know exactly What you mean. Its like sport mode is now race, race is now slick and slick... :eek:

·
Registered
2021 M + Carbon Package
868 Posts
-loosen the wheel on the cable just after the L-bend
-turn the collar
-after slack has been removed, tighten the wheel
-start engine
-turn handlebars to full lock to the LEFT and check that the RPMs don't rise. If they do, you've tightened too much and need to loosen it a bit
Anyone have photos for reference?

·
Registered
2021 M + Carbon Package
868 Posts
You need a photo to find/adjust the cable barrel adjuster below the throttle? Honestly, a blind man could easily make this adjustment.

- Mark
Haha I brain-farted this one. Hey man it was early in the morning! lol
I can figure this out. And I'll try it blind folded too!

Reactions: blachow
1 - 10 of 10 Posts