BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after having numerous problems with my power commander 5 setup, I have now decided to remove it from the bike and to use the RCK 2 to do fueling as well as timing. One thing I am not sure about is that if I do the dyno and set the bike up fueling and ignition wise on the RCK with the standard lambda's actively working, will the ECU not change the whole map that I have just done?

After removing the PC5, I noticed a loss in power, so I guess that the bike is over fueling?

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
When I made the upgrade to HP Race ECU I have been informed that I should remove the PC5. HP Race ECU is more than enough. They are using it in CIV championship which is very demanding.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So if I make adjustments in RCK to fueling with the O2 sensors still activated, will it change the computer back to original settings? How will it adjust the fueling if I go from sea level to 2.5 Km above sea level?

Should I tune the bike and disable the lambda's like in PC5?

Last thing I want is the engine to run lean.

·
Vendor
2,500 Posts
Running RCK2 is supposed to run in conjunction with HP power kit enable. BMW Motorrad made a mistake in promoting RCK2/3 without the addition of HP power kit enable. They corrected that in 2017 when a PUMA was posted that RCK2/3 was to be sold only with HP power kit.

So the purpose of HP Power Kit enable is that it is the MAPS/TABLES that provide the tune. RCK2/3 is only a GUI interface to the maps. If you only have RCK2/3 you are only tuning the stock map tables.. That is why it is important to have someone like me that installs the enables to the ECU 100% as it would be done by the dealer.

Then the next most important aspect of the HP power kit enable is it can turn off the O2 sensors. You want the O2 sensors off with HP power kit. 1000's of hours have been spent on developing the fueling and timing tables on a dyno by Motorrad. The ECU will run in OPEN loop mode with the O2 turned off. You want this. That is the way an EFI system works best when it is designed and when you have a developed fueling and timing structure.

The narrow band sensors cannot provide real time fueling changes anyway. Its an average based on LTFT and STFT > The short term fuel trim (STFT) refers to immediate changes in fuel occurring several times per second. The long term fuel trims (LTFT) are driven by the short term fuel trims. LTFT refers to changes in STFT but averaged over a longer period of time. This is running in closed loop mode trying to use the narrow band O2's

Using the RCK2/3 with HP power kit enables are not all created equal. There is 3 versions of the MAPS and tables. IDM racing had a set, and WSBK STK1000 had a set. There is a PRO version that only WSBK got.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
I was instructed to remove the lambda and PC5. I use a Bosch 4.9 lambda sensor connected with my telemetry and check the AFR. My opinion is to start with a good dyno tune and if you have telemetry check the values with a lambda sensor that can me logged.

·
Registered
957 Posts
So after having numerous problems with my power commander 5 setup, I have now decided to remove it from the bike and to use the RCK 2 to do fueling as well as timing. One thing I am not sure about is that if I do the dyno and set the bike up fueling and ignition wise on the RCK with the standard lambda's actively working, will the ECU not change the whole map that I have just done?

After removing the PC5, I noticed a loss in power, so I guess that the bike is over fueling?
First question is, what kind of ecu you have?
Which options are enabled?
Or what kind of flash you have in it?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So if I leave the map now how it is and just continue riding the bike. Will the narrow band lambdas sort the fueling out for all the aftermarket parts? PAIR, exhaust, filter, etc etc ?

If yes? How long does it take?

·
Vendor
2,500 Posts
Without HP power kit enable / maps installed, you only have a GUI to the stock maps and they are limited in performance

1 - 10 of 10 Posts