BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone taken their BMW to a non-dealer shop for work? If so, what did they do? I'm looking to hear back from peoples experiences.

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Where in so-cal?

I usually take my 2015 to Hudson Motorcycles in Gardena. Its a bit of a drive for me from Hollywood but well worth it. They do all my service and upgrade work. They also installed my rapid bike when everyone else was afraid to touch it.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im in OC but i can ride anywhere from San Diego to Ventura if theres a shop thats done a goos job with abs work on bmws. I used to be a wrench turner so I am very picky with mechanical work I dont do myself.

I would go to a dealer but all the ones near me dont have the mechanical integrity for technical issues as far as Ive seen.

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
I would give them a call but they build race bikes, have a huge shop and about 7 stands do they are pretty big. They typically do a lot of bmw's also and from what I heard from actual BMW dealers is that they will let you know of any recalls or updates for your bike.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Other than Irv Seaver, the only other person that touches my bike is Pablo at Motorhelmets in Fullerton, you might want to give them a call. Jason the service guys is awesome and he doesn't give up. If he doesn't know the answer to your question he won't stop until he figures it out.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I'm also in OC. For my first service, called around and the going rate was $330 for service and around $250 to install no-cut frame sliders, levers and crank cover at Long Beach BMW and Irv Seaver. Also, Irv Seaver were pretty rude when it came to customer service both in person as well as on the phone. I intially wanted to go to Irv Seaver because it's next to my university but after speaking with them, I would rather ride with the rev limiter on forever than get my work done with them. Then I actually called up where I got my bike, in Pomona, and they charged me $270 for service and $120 to install the parts as well as check a few things on the bike that I wanted to make sure I installed right. They were super nice and I didn't have to wait around for an appointment either :) I highly recommend them.

As for my R6 and for future work on the RR, I will be taking my bikes to Metric Method located in Irvine. They're great. They have done quite a few work on my R6. They're super nice and helpful. Plus the Ninja H2 parked in the waiting room is worth giving them my bike to work on :) They're always working on project bikes like RR, R1M and H2s so I know they know what they're doing.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I also wanted to mention that I went to BMW dealership since it was the first service and all. Not that Pomona BMW isn't great but it's kind of far so unless it's something that deals with the BMW's warranty, I'll be getting my RR & R6 work done with Metric Method.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts