BMW S1000RR Forum banner

81 - 100 of 235 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
On a slightly separate issue, are the brakes linked on the '15?

I had a k1300s which had linked brakes and you could feel the rear foot brake being depressed if you applied the front brake. I may have been imagining it but was convinced I felt the same thing the other day on s1krr? It may have been in rain mode...

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
On a slightly separate issue, are the brakes linked on the '15?

I had a k1300s which had linked brakes and you could feel the rear foot brake being depressed if you applied the front brake. I may have been imagining it but was convinced I felt the same thing the other day on s1krr? It may have been in rain mode...

Yep brakes are linked just like the K bikes

·
Registered
502 Posts
It does indeed. HP4 has ABS Pro after all.

The bike needs to know roll inputs to tune the DDC too
Awesome. Well for the likes of RAIN/SPORT modes I'd say this would be a pretty good idea. Nuthin' worse than coming unstuck on a bit of gravel or a damp patch that you didn't see.

Plus, I doubt the software adds that much weight :laugh:

·
Super Moderator
9,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #89 (Edited)
Nuthin' worse than coming unstuck on a bit of gravel or a damp patch that you didn't see.

Plus, I doubt the software adds that much weight :laugh:

That's if your in that mode when you arrive at that spot. Hard to switch mode that quickly.

It does add weight unless you get the titanium version.

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
On a HP4 in every mode if you apply the front brake it applies automatically the rear too. In race mode for instance it applies from 10% front brake on the rear brake and at 40% front you have around 5% rear brake (from data logger).

If you switch ABS off, the integral brake isn't active anymore.

·
Registered
723 Posts
I found this in the 2015 press release
"Rear-wheel lift detection is deactivated in “Slick” mode for maximum braking performance on the track. The ABS function at the rear wheel is also deactivated to allow perfectly executed braking drifts into a bend"

So only the rear wheel is out of action

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
I found this in the 2015 press release
"Rear-wheel lift detection is deactivated in “Slick” mode for maximum braking performance on the track. The ABS function at the rear wheel is also deactivated to allow perfectly executed braking drifts into a bend"

So only the rear wheel is out of action
Correct - in slick if you step on the rear brake the wheel can lock up.
See attachment from my post before: "Slick/Racetrack (without ABS when foot-lever pressed)" - same as HP4.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Andy, where is that chart from that shows the different characteristics of each mode? I've been looking for a quick reference chart like this to throw in my wallet.

81 - 100 of 235 Posts