BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went in for my 600 mile checkout at BMW Daytona and they discover that my ABS indicator won't turn off. I have never had ABS on a bike and too be honest without it the brakes work very well. The mechanic said he has never had this issue but for sure my ABS isn't functioning. I did ride away but without really any answer's. They contacted some form of technical support and are awaiting some more information. This was just Friday but no answer's yet. My question is this. Should I feel confident that BMW will fix this because my last experience was with Harley Davidson and a Buell 1125r. My bike is brand new fully warrantied so I am not all too worried. Has anyone else experienced this and if so what ended up needing done. I actually thought I was using ABS this whole time so now I don't know what Ive been missing :p

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
You say it won't go "off". Does that mean it is lit constant or is it flashing after you have driven from a stand still? If it is simply "lit" and on constant than the ABS has been shut off with the ABS/DTC button. Check your owners manual on how to re-enable it (some sequence of pressing and holding the button down but not sure exactly from memory).

If it is flashing then get it fixed. They will fix it as it is a "safety" issue.

·
Registered
267 Posts
If your bike has the abs...when the motor is running and the bike is sitting there are the tc/abs lights flashing at all? (they should be)

·
Registered
198 Posts
If it is the ABS showing a fault, the usual culprits are the ABS sensors (typically the one that needs to be removed before removing the front wheel) or the ABS rings (a slight bump will throw off the system).

Sent from my Motorcycle iPad app

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yeah depends if its flashing or solid. I believe after you exceed 5mph the light is supposed to turn off. If the light is solid then it has been switched off via the button, if the light is flashing it indicates a fault in the abs system.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Problem solved BMW Daytona called today and said it was one of two things bring it in and we will isolate the issue too one thing and fix it and exactly that was done. ABS feels nice I find myself stopped way sooner than needed but I will get used too them. Love the bike and the service team really handled the issue perfectly. I appreciate the responses.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Problem solved BMW Daytona called today and said it was one of two things bring it in and we will isolate the issue too one thing and fix it and exactly that was done. ABS feels nice I find myself stopped way sooner than needed but I will get used too them. Love the bike and the service team really handled the issue perfectly. I appreciate the responses.
So what were those two things? And which one was fixed?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I changed my front tire and ever since then the DTC/ABS stays on. However on the first change due to a flat, it restored back after its self diagnosis. in the second time after I replaced the front tyre it just stopped working I guess. Now when I press the abs button for 2 seconds or more the DTC light flashes and ABS stays on doesn’t matter what, it just do nothing. But if I press 2 seconds the DTC flashes goes hard again. So while riding either it stays on or keeps flashing the DTC but ABS stays on and solid.

need help plz

1 - 9 of 9 Posts