BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My ABS light turns on speratically while riding. When it turns on in the middle of a ride, the rider behind me tells me my brake lights stay on.
Any idea what the problem could be...it could be? Bike is a 2012

·
Vendor
2,632 Posts
My ABS light turns on speratically while riding. When it turns on in the middle of a ride, the rider behind me tells me my brake lights stay on.
Any idea what the problem could be...it could be? Bike is a 2012
Typically if you ABS light is on the flash, the VSS is not working correctly. However, I dont see how this would turn on the brake light. The brake light works off internal pressure to the ABS pump. It would possibly suggest that you have a malfunctioning ABS pump/module.

you might check the VSS connections, and the actual sensor spacing at the ABS rings. Then also the condition of the sensor ends. When you put the wheels in and out of the forks and swingarm for tire changes, the rotors will beat on the sensor tips.

I have seen these ABS modules as little as $50 shipped on ebay 12-14. These will interchange. Do not get a 10/11, nor the 15-19. These do not interchange.

·
Registered
13 Posts
BMW HP4, when i start the bike, the abs light and tail lights will be constantly on, may i know what is the cause of such issue?
Can I make a "gentle" suggestion that you create your own thread instead of mercilessly bumping old threads with the exact same message?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts