BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed the Abs module cover from Alpha Performance?

I'm looking to change my brake lines to straight the calipers. I've been having problem with my brakes for the past two years and i'm going to see if bypassing the ABS pump will fix my problems. (I've been getting spongy feeling in the brakes after 2-3 laps on the track and never was able to get a confidence inspiring feeling from the lever. I changed pads, fluids, manual bleed, vacuum bleed, Always with the same result)

Is there anything else that's needed to retain the DTC functions, besides new lines if I order this plate?

alpha Racing ABS/DTC Modulator Cover BMW S1000 RR (2010-2014) ? alpha Performance

Thanks

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope, My buddy races with me and has the stock master and he says that he does not have any problems. His lever feels the same as mine in the pits and we both have the same lever on the master. But then again he has the ABS pump too, so I'm not exactly sure what my problem is.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm running vesrah srjl-xx pads. What's the purpose of just buying the cover then? I'm just trying to understand what does what before I spend my money.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Couple of questions:

What year bike? Does your master cylinder need rebuilt(typically kits are cheap)
When we the last time you flushed all the brake fluid?
Have you bled the brakes?
What fluid are you using?
Have you cleaned your Pistons? If they stay extended the lads rubbing could be generating additional heat, causing the fade.
Have you run the bike with abs off on the track? Same result?

I've chased brake issues on a previous bike. Start simple and build up to expensive and complicated.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's a 2013. Do they make a rebuild kit for the stock master?

I change my fluid about 3-4 time last year. once Saturday night before the Sunday races because it was acting up all Saturday.

Running rbf 600 fluid.

I clean the calipers and Pistons after every race weekend.

Haven't run with the abs off yet.

What problems were you having?

·
Registered
320 Posts
I'm not on this bike, had major issues with fade on a previous bike.

I did have some soft lever issues(mid session/toward end of gt races) on my 15 until I was able to cycle the abs pump with the gs-that seemed to get the rest of air out of system, haven't had issues since.

Have you checked run out on rotors?

I can't imagine that they don't have a rebuild kit available, typically only $20 or so.

What org do you race with?

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
You should feel a little fade but unless you are running full out race pace you shouldn't get hardly any fade at all. Make sure you have a gs911 tool to bleed the abs pump.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Administrator
7,479 Posts
Purge the ABS pump with a GS-911 or take it to a dealer. The pump will have air in the system. You can purge the air out of the pump and into the lines. Then you bleed manually as you normally would at the calipers and master cylinder. Keep purging and manually bleeding until all air is gone.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks benny, my buddy has the Gs-911. I'll use his.

Also for future reference. Whats the reason that just using the cover on the box will disable the traction control? Why is the plug and play box needed?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i understand what the plug and play box does. Why wont traction control work with just removing the pump and covering it up? The electronics would still be there if just the pump is removed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts