BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Traded UP to a 2019 XR, from a sports bike. Nice.

However, I'm short, 30 inseam.

Seat OK.

But the lean while on side stand is tough. Over too far. It has a wider foot installed, but hard to bring upright, and go.

Any suggestions?

Appreciate your kindness, Merlot/Mike

·
Registered
925 Posts
Find someone to modify your sidestand by welding a small piece of steel to add length.
Or look at low suspension options for the bike.
Or use the centrestand if it has one.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My inseam is also 30 inches.

You have a couple options. The First is to set the Suspension to MIN every time you want to get on & off the bike. Page 79 of your bikes manual on D-ESA explains how to make these adjustments ( https://manuals.bmw-motorrad.com/manuals/BA-Extern/IN/BA-INTERNET-COM/PDF/S_0E41_RM_0719_01.pdf ). Minimum Spring Load will drop the XR to its lowest height position.

The Second comes from Cymark; S1000XR GEN 2 Side Stand Extension Plate. I have this side stand extension and it really is of assistance.

The last I am sure you considered which would to get the LOW Model for the new XR?? Did not want the Low Model. No interest in draging pegs.

Remember that all bikes settle or drop as time goes by. I can remember when I barely get mt feet to touch the ground with my KTM GT. Now, I am riding arround with the suspension set on Driver with Saddlebags. Getting close to 30K so, probably have to get the forks & rear shock replaced/ fixed on that bike?? LOVE my KTM GT.

Best,

Doc(y)(y)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts