BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
The heat that is being reflected from the full pan is unbearable, I know soon it will have to come off. I wish the manufacturer removed more material from the underside, really the bottom should be opened up as much as possible.
Just fitted mine and I was thinking the same thing about the heat. We'll see how bad it is, may be a good option for the colder months:cool:. I'm kind of curious if I'll develop more vibes from the belly pan...don't think it will.

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
Just fitted mine and I was thinking the same thing about the heat. We'll see how bad it is, may be a good option for the colder months:cool:. I'm kind of curious if I'll develop more vibes from the belly pan...don't think it will.
I did not notice any more vibs from the pan, I'm going to look into a local vendor possibility opening up the bottom of the pan. It could stand to just have a thin strip (maybe 2 inches wide, that runs from the left to the right side of the bike) some where in the middle of the bottom as the really the only thing that remains, that would let the maximun amount of heat to escape.

Michael

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
How did you do the center piece at the bottom (single hole) near the oil drain plug? Did you put it under or over the stock piece?

·
Registered
16 Posts
TecBike Belly Cover

Just got my Tecbike cover but no instructions to install got the 3rd Gen one with the bracket for the full system. i have the full Akro shorty system and dont no how to install it, can someone guide me how it lines up and were the bracket goes thanks.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Heat rises.

I notice NO additional heat "reflection" after installing the first generation cover (it does have two triangular holes on the bottom that I assume second and third generation do, as well)

To the poster with the question about under or over the stock plastic, I put it under as it only made sense without removing the clip that receives the screw, but I was kinda wondering what others did, too.

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
Heat rises.
To the poster with the question about under or over the stock plastic, I put it under as it only made sense without removing the clip that receives the screw, but I was kinda wondering what others did, too.
I put it under also. I actually removed the clip and tried putting it on the TecBike pan...it didn't work. So I came to the same conclusion of putting it under.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Where can I order it from ? Any uk sellers ?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I just ordered a 2012 bike. I am wondering if you are going to offer a 3rd chance buy for this belly pan? I am definately interested in one. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·

Unfortunately, the first batches that we sold through.. there just isnt enough demand any more to justify having to import 100 at a time....

Sorry.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Is this product still available, even if it is not through a group buy? What would the price be to order 1 unit, if possible? I see I can get it from Germany but would prefer to order through you. Thanks.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I just found these on the web and ordered one, shipped to Pa in the United States for under $150.

41 - 60 of 64 Posts