BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the first one did so well, we over sold More then what we got in. :eek:

So we are going to do a SECOND CHANCE Group Buy for those who missed out.

We just sent Our payment for another large shipment of these Covers.

Now you guys can save some money and don't have to worry about buying from Germany, and duties, and taxes, and VAT, and all that.

WE took all those cost on ourselves, so you don't have to.

But, again.. it's first come first serve. So, if you want one, please Don't wait a week or so to order, cause, you may not get one. Like what happend on the first GP.

KEY POINTS:

Quality German Engineering.
Top fit and Finish
Colors Offered: BLACK, BLACK, & BLACK :)
5 Bolts to mount it.
OEM Fit.
Easy on, easy Off
Covers over the Ugly Cat Converter, for a much cleaner look
Works with Stock Exhaust or Most Slip-ons & Most Full Systems as well.

NOTE: This Cover is now their 3rd Generation, and includes an optional bracket to use, if your getting rid of your stock exhaust (Cat conv) and switching to a full system.
And NO... the Akrapovic Slip-on is NOT included with the Cover. :)

CLICK HERE to See more details on the product, and PLACE your ORDER >> TECBIKE <<

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

WOW.

Day 1, of our 2nd Chance SPECIAL on the TB, and 25% of our Shipment coming is already sold.

Thanks guys. :)

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got mine today and it only took 15 minutes to put on. Fit was perfect. Looks good.

Thanks alot for the work you do to bring us these group buys and also for providing on-time info when people ask.

Excellent news.

And thank you for the update and feedback.

·
Registered
58 Posts
HIGHLY recommend this bellypan. It looks tip top, and everyone who's seen the bike before and after says it looks much better with the bellypan. Fit and finish is top notch, and installation is easy (seriously, 5 bolts on the bike, and 2 on the two pieces of the bellypan). Big thumbs up on this group buy.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I just placed my order :)

·
Registered
100 Posts
What size torx are the two front heat-shield screws? They're a bit larger than the T25 in the bike's toolkit. Just want to make sure I'm covered when I buy my first torx kit for my first bimmer. ;)

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What size torx are the two front heat-shield screws? They're a bit larger than the T25 in the bike's toolkit. Just want to make sure I'm covered when I buy my first torx kit for my first bimmer. ;)

the 2 that hold the halves together... Those are Allen?
or the OEM Bolts that hold the heatshield.? Thinking those are T27

·
Registered
100 Posts

the 2 that hold the halves together... Those are Allen?
or the OEM Bolts that hold the heatshield.? Thinking those are T27
Yep, T27.

Got the belly pan on and it looks amazing. From fugly to $&#@ me! Took it for a couple quick spins too and temps seem to behave no different than before.

Thanks HardRacing! Great price. Great product.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yep, T27.

Got the belly pan on and it looks amazing. From fugly to $&#@ me! Took it for a couple quick spins too and temps seem to behave no different than before.

Thanks HardRacing! Great price. Great product.

Excellent.

Nothing but Positive Feedback on these covers.

That is great.

·
Registered
83 Posts

Excellent.

Nothing but Positive Feedback on these covers.

That is great.

Guess I'll be the first to gripe then.

First, great service from HardRacing. Received the converter cover quickly, was packaged exceptionally well and I wasn't charged until the item shipped. Top notch.

Regarding the Techbike converter cover. Personally I found it difficult to get the front T30 bolts (not T27) started back into the pan due to the fact that the bolt is close to the collectors and not much room to get your hand on it. Added to the fact that you are now adding another piece of metal in between the pan and heat shield which makes the bolt want to start cross threaded. Patience is definitely a virtue here. The rest of the installation is pretty much straight forward.

The biggest flaw/emission I found is in the fact the oil drain plug is now covered which means the cover will have to be removed every time you want to change the oil. It really bugs me because this could have EASILY been avoided if the front triangular vent on the bottom had either been placed slightly further forward or made slightly larger.

That said the bike does look alot better with it on. I was just hoping once I got it on I'd never have to touch it again.

Cheers

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

well that's not to much of a gripe.

indeed it would be nice to have an opening for oil drain.
then again having to remove 5 bolts once or twice a year isn't really that bad.

:)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just finished installing cover. Not that difficult, but tedious getting all the bolts to line up correctly. Looks great, big improvement.
Thanks HardRacing-good price and quick ship(on my HeroHD also)
-Eric

·
Registered
58 Posts
Guess I'll be the first to gripe then.

First, great service from HardRacing. Received the converter cover quickly, was packaged exceptionally well and I wasn't charged until the item shipped. Top notch.

Regarding the Techbike converter cover. Personally I found it difficult to get the front T30 bolts (not T27) started back into the pan due to the fact that the bolt is close to the collectors and not much room to get your hand on it. Added to the fact that you are now adding another piece of metal in between the pan and heat shield which makes the bolt want to start cross threaded. Patience is definitely a virtue here. The rest of the installation is pretty much straight forward.

The biggest flaw/emission I found is in the fact the oil drain plug is now covered which means the cover will have to be removed every time you want to change the oil. It really bugs me because this could have EASILY been avoided if the front triangular vent on the bottom had either been placed slightly further forward or made slightly larger.

That said the bike does look alot better with it on. I was just hoping once I got it on I'd never have to touch it again.

Cheers
Yes, getting those large t30s was a bit of a pain (those two bolts took a good half of the installation time). However, since the triangular vents are underneath the bike and pretty much never seen, might as well enlarge it ourselves.. it's aluminum.. tin snips and bending should work fine.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Hardracing,
Any estimates... when you'll be able to place your bulk order with Tecbike?

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hardracing,
Any estimates... when you'll be able to place your bulk order with Tecbike?

Huh..? :confused:

Sorry, not following you.?

We already placed our big order, when we started this thread.

FIRST POST>

Well the first one did so well, we over sold More then what we got in. :eek:

So we are going to do a SECOND CHANCE Group Buy for those who missed out.

We just sent Our payment for another large shipment of these Covers........

·
Registered
586 Posts
Huh..? :confused:
Sorry, not following you.?
Oh cool, I guess I missed that part in your first post. When is the shipment expected to arrive?

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Oh cool, I guess I missed that part in your first post. When is the shipment expected to arrive?

It shipped out from Germany last Friday.

With any luck our shipment will arrive Friday... , or begining of next.

We have Already sold through 85% of our Shipment arriving. :eek:

So ,if you want one, don't wait too much longer.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts