BMW S1000RR Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #22

So basically problem was selector shaft (mechanic said it has wear so it's advisable to replace it) and detent plate (one of the pin was completely gone), that's why 2nd and 3rd gears wouldn't change.
Computer was showing QS had a fault but they reckon its because of the missing pin on the plate.
Will update once everything is fixed.

Parts will be ordered from Germany and it should take 3 weeks to arrive. I'm missing out on 1 month of summer weather. ;(((((((

Thanks to all who helped on this forum.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
My bike was fixed last week and the bill I received was much smaller than from a local bike shop.
Parts replaced:
Detent plate
ISA screw
Selector shaft
Collar nut
Gasket
Stop disk
Total price was 1250AUD including labour.
Local mechanic wanted 3500AUD. 1200 to remove engine (which he didn't have to remove to access damaged parts) and diagnose it and 2300 for parts and putting it back together.

Moral of the story: Mother always knows what's wrong with her kid. :)

·
Registered
823 Posts
My bike was fixed last week and the bill I received was much smaller than from a local bike shop.
Parts replaced:
Detent plate
ISA screw
Selector shaft
Collar nut
Gasket
Stop disk
Total price was 1250AUD including labour.
Local mechanic wanted 3500AUD. 1200 to remove engine (which he didn't have to remove to access damaged parts) and diagnose it and 2300 for parts and putting it back together.

Moral of the story: Mother always knows what's wrong with her kid. :)
I've found this to be true on more than one occasion with my BMW and other European cars as well as my motorcycles.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts