BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Most important, do not use "V"-lines.
I also think V lines is not the perfect solution for every corner but it is used with good results in a 1000cc+ bikes in most of the corners.
Also you must try to see which tip/trick fit each situation, rider, track etc.
Waiting to check his "V lines" video.

·
Registered
784 Posts
I also think V lines is not the perfect solution for every corner but it is used with good results in a 1000cc+ bikes in most of the corners.
Also you must try to see which tip/trick fit each situation, rider, track etc.
Waiting to check his "V lines" video.
Many riders has this "V"-line period in their trajectory, because they believe it is good line for a 1000cc+ bike.
I have also gone trough that phase.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I'm a middling rider but skilled coaches have led me to V lines for some corners.

Has anyone compared their lap times back to back using a V line and not, to see which line is actually faster?

·
Registered
384 Posts
I'm a middling rider but skilled coaches have led me to V lines for some corners.

Has anyone compared their lap times back to back using a V line and not, to see which line is actually faster?
I trained with #2 BSB rider in Superstock class this year. V line is the first thing he told me to practice.

Obviously not every corner is the same, but 100% of slow ones is done via V on 1l bike.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I trained with #2 BSB rider in Superstock class this year. V line is the first thing he told me to practice.

Obviously not every corner is the same, but 100% of slow ones is done via V on 1l bike.
FWIW, the corners I was instructed to V (even on a 600) were all slow. Using a V it felt faster on the way in (later braking and braking more upright), and probably should have felt faster on the way out as the bike was more upright and sooner, but I'm a chicken on the throttle.

I saw the instructor's data overlaid on another (faster) student's data. They were at almost exactly the same speed at the slowest part of the corner, but the instructor's speed was higher on the way to that point (and trailed off more steeply), and on the way out he got to full throttle quicker. That probably doesn't show that a V is faster, but I thought it was really interesting.

·
Registered
71 Posts
My good buddy took the riding academy with Fastrack and had a prior AMA level coach, he was taught the V specifically at Auto Club speedway on his S1Krr. When it came to passing he was able to get in later, stuff/hold up others and pull out powerfully from the corner quite well.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts