BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter HERE to be a part of August's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
22' S1000RR
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!
Doing a few things to my bike as of recent.

Unfortunately my friends aren't bike riders, so nobody understands my excitement for any modifications I've done so far with the bike. So I figured this is the place to share! :cool:

The other week, I added an Optional Akrapovic Header to my SC Project Slip on and it's incredible to listen to.
The deceleration popping is pretty awesome imo.

On Monday, I'll be adding my new fairings I received from Amotopart.
I was skeptical at first ordering from them, but very responsive and helpful with any questions I had along the way.

My previous bike had fairings from ABS Fairings. I would have to say these are slightly better quality.

RPM Carbon is who I went with for all the accents on the bike.
I wasn't sure as I've never ordered Carbon beforehand. So I don't know how this compares to any other brands.

It looks stunning and thankfully without any imperfections, as I'm kinda OCD about the little details. So I was really happy to see it came out great!

I'll update the photos when I get the bike put together!
Photos below of what it should look like when put together Vs. Now.

Happy Riding 馃弽 馃浀

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Fuel tank Land vehicle
Tire Automotive tire Wheel Automotive design Hood
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle

Black Fawn Wood Electric blue Flooring

Triangle Wood Font Creative arts Art

Hood Bumper Toy Automotive design Bicycle part
Wood Art Font Electric blue Creative arts

Land vehicle Automotive tire Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle

Registered
Please update us when you install the fenders. I was looking to get a kit from them but don鈥檛 know how the quality and fitment are. Do you also have any clips of your exhaust? I鈥檓 looking to upgrade mine.

Registered
22' S1000RR
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Absolutely I will!
I'll have it on Monday. I'll update the post.

I tried to upload one before but the file won't load as its to large. I'll see if I can do anything to fix it.

Registered
File still to large to attach:
Created a Google link to see it.

Unfortunately the Sound Quality still isn't the best. It's incredible in person!

thanks for the clips. I鈥檓 just nervous because I have a full sc project exhaust on a rs660 and it was incredibly loud even with the db killer in. I like having a louder exhaust than stock but not too loud. For long rides on the rs660, my ears were killing me even when not pushing the bike to redline. I like the looks of sc project slip ons and their full system for this bike is nearly double that of the rs660 one and I just don鈥檛 feel like paying so much.

Registered
22' S1000RR
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just picked it up! It looks killer
My guy mentioned there were no installation issues with the Fairings or the Carbon.

But tiny imperfections that most wouldn't notice unless you're installing them piece by piece.

I'll post pics later on when in out of work.

For the $650 I spent on the fairings, completely worth it in my opinion! Super excited.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Plant

Tire Wheel Plant Fuel tank Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle

Tire Wheel Plant Fuel tank Helmet

Attachments

Registered
22' S1000RR
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No problems with the plastic.
Also, the coloring on the paint is perfect. You can actually see the metallic flaking in person.

But problems with the painting would be around at the edging of the fairings.
Some places where you could see (at an angle) the inside of the fairings, it would be nice if they were painted.

I'll take photos tomorrow morning.
Photo below of completely missing a portion of the fairings (not painted).
Light Hood Helmet Sports gear Automotive design

Registered
Glad the fairings worked out for ya. They have definitely came a long way in fitment since injection molding as happened. Sucks they missed that part. Depends on who was painting that day at the factory. You can go to a paint shop have them scan the color and basically get a match. I did that with a seat cowl because the blue was off a lot from what I had on my fairing kit. ( bought it separately ) By any chance did you see what letters were written on the inside of the fairings? Something like the letters ZXMT? curious as a bunch of companies use that brand. If you take any of the fairings off let me know. All pieces should have some kind of letter branding on it on the inside part you don鈥檛 see when on the bike. Here鈥檚 a pic of the kit I got for my 2013. Perfect fitment. One bolt hold I had to ream out a mm or two. Otherwise very happy with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts